Airport Just Stopped

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Well I was surfing the internet and all of a sudden I am no longer connected and it says "No Airport networks in range"!

My laptop is not even ten feet away from the base station...

I tried unplugging both the base station and the cable modem, for 30 seconds as sometimes that helps but not this time...

Any suggestions? I hate having to use dial up!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    happened to me the other day and i found the power had fallen out of the back of the airport ... of course i didn't check that first but went of tracing networks etc for half an hour and then kicked myself after reseting the airport.

Does you machine see the airport after a reset ...?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gardnerj

happened to me the other day and i found the power had fallen out of the back of the airport ... of course i didn't check that first but went of tracing networks etc for half an hour and then kicked myself after reseting the airport.

Does you machine see the airport after a reset ...?

I am back up now but it went out a lot more last night...I usually restart the computer but that did not help...lets hope I stay connectec this time...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Perhaps check your Mac's AirPort Card connection. I had that once (AirPort just disappeared). I opened up my iBook, reseated the card (it didn't appear to be loose), and all was well again. Hasn't happened again since then.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    This falls into the WIFI catagory. (I have to keep up a network also)

WIFI (Wireless Is Freaky Idiot)