Clicks brings a physical keyboard to your iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    There were multiple non-Blackberry phones with keyboards until a few years after iPhone launch (Jobs even displayed them at the iPhone announcement).  
    Clip on mini-keyboard would be perfect for Steve Balmer, who famously said iPhone would fail because it lacked a keyboard.  

I'd still rather use a laptop, or perhaps attach a full size (or at least somewhat large) keyboard.  
    Another option could be a conductive stylus (emulates conductive nature of a fingertip), if you just want a smaller fingertip.  
    May be able to use an external portable or foldable screen if you want more screen space.   
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 27
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,921member
    AppleZulu said:
    "When a physical keyboard is attached to the iPhone, the digital one slides down, giving way to more content. On the iPhone 15 Pro the keyboard takes up almost the entire display."

Is that really true? I don't think it is.
    Because it isn’t. I just checked on my 13 pro and it takes about 40% of the display. If you’re in landscape mode it take more but this keyboard isn’t useful in landscape mode anyway.

I guess if someone really missed their blackberry this might be good but otherwise what’s the point? I can’t really think of many/any cases in which this would improve the usability significantly.
    edited January 6 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    me@aime@ai Posts: 1member
    I would totally buy this if I could then use the keyboard to “pass through “ as. Keyboard for my ipad too. 
  • Reply 24 of 27
    michelb76 said:
    Fun idea, would rather have a landscape one. Given that Blackberry sued the previous product out of existence, I'm wondering what is going to happen with this.
    Does RIM even exist as an entity anymore?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 27
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    auxio said:

Michael Fisher, aka MrMobile, confounded a company called Clicks, which makes a tactile keyboard accessory for iPhone. The device fits iPhone like a case, attaches over the connecting port, and has power passthrough.

I was thinking "confounded" was a typo, but maybe not...
    In the US, it's "confonded"
    Huh? I didn't know "confonded" was a word. I'm pretty sure "cofounded" is what was meant, but "confounded," as in "confused" or "mixed-up" is what sarcastic me felt was humorously appropriate. (I mean really, a physical keyboard on an iPhone?)  :D
    He was merely making a joke about colour and other words that have a ‘u’ in their British spelling.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 27
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Didn't another company many years ago got sued by Blackberry for using a keyboard that looked exactly like this?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    auxio said:

Michael Fisher, aka MrMobile, confounded a company called Clicks, which makes a tactile keyboard accessory for iPhone. The device fits iPhone like a case, attaches over the connecting port, and has power passthrough.

I was thinking "confounded" was a typo, but maybe not...
    In the US, it's "confonded"
    Huh? I didn't know "confonded" was a word. I'm pretty sure "cofounded" is what was meant, but "confounded," as in "confused" or "mixed-up" is what sarcastic me felt was humorously appropriate. (I mean really, a physical keyboard on an iPhone?)  :D
    He was merely making a joke about colour and other words that have a ‘u’ in their British spelling.  
    Ohhhh, I see. A bit obscure but OK. Good thing he has you to clarify!