Sound Card compatibilty

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm in the market for a good sound card for a set of studio monitors (Swans T200a, self powered 40W) and the Swans subwoofer (Sub200, self powered 100W). I'm looking at the M-Audio Delta 66: it says on their website that it's compatible with OS X (I'm assuming for music playback); what I'm wondering, is it compatible with Apple's DVD player? I'm getting ready to buy the DP 1.42 Powermac w/ 20" Cinema Display. Is anyone here using this sound card?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    vasuvasu Posts: 26member
    If it's not compatible with OSX then it wont be compatible with the DVD Player. Incompatibility occurs systemwide, it's not just iTunes that wouldn't play.

There is an m-audio card that works, I think it's called the Revolution? They also make a couple USB audio devices..

-vasu
  • Reply 2 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vasu

If it's not compatible with OSX then it wont be compatible with the DVD Player. Incompatibility occurs systemwide, it's not just iTunes that wouldn't play.

There is an m-audio card that works, I think it's called the Revolution? They also make a couple USB audio devices..

-vasu

Read the original post again
  • Reply 3 of 5
    vasuvasu Posts: 26member
    I'm going to go hide in the corner now.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    nibsnibs Posts: 2member
    sokukodo:

I'm looking at the M-Audio Delta 66: it says on their website that it's compatible with OS X (I'm assuming for music playback); what I'm wondering, is it compatible with Apple's DVD player? I'm getting ready to buy the DP 1.42 Powermac w/ 20" Cinema Display. Is anyone here using this sound card?

i have a m-audio delta dio 24/96 and that works perfectly under x and the dvd player has no issues with it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Wow, that's great! I checked the drivers for the Delta 66, and it's compatible with OS 10.2.x ... I HAVE heard that some sound cards had a problem with the DVD player ... thanks ... that takes a load off my mind. BTW, how do your speakers sound with that card?