Who Got Their Asses Kicked Today?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
(Not sure the subject is grammar proof...)

[rampant anti-american mode]Well YOU did. By US.

5-2 in ice hockey.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is comparable to us getting kicked in soccer by a high school team from Utah.

[/rampant anti-american mode]

Ahem... I mean...eh...discuss

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, but we know what kind of people play and watch hockey, so it doesn't really count.

[runs and jumps into a fortified, flame-proof bunker, giggling all the way...]

• Reply 2 of 14
    It doesn´t include me so I don´t care

All I care about is THAT WE KICKED YOUR [national icehokey teams collective] BUTT.

I don´t care one bit in what it was. It could have been domino if you were a leading nation in that sport.

On the subject of ice hockey: In elementary school I had one of our top players as teacher in math. He cannot have been good at it because the only thing I remember from his classes was a joke about him not having played with his helmet on too often.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I've never played. I've only been on ice skates 2 or 3 times in my life (not since I broke my ankle 5 years ago), so I'd probably suck pretty bad. Seems pretty rough for such a tender, gentle-hearted person as myself.

What's that joke about going to a fight and a hockey game broke out? Or something like that. Those guys go nuts!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

(Not sure the subject is grammar proof...)

[rampant anti-american mode]Well YOU did. By US.

5-2 in ice hockey.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is comparable to us getting kicked in soccer by a high school team from Utah.

[/rampant anti-american mode]

Ahem... I mean...eh...discuss

Huh? Don't have a clue what you're ranting about.

And what is this thing you call..."hok-key"? And why is it better iced than hot, especially in the cold of winter?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Ummm. Maybe it's because all of our good players are in the NHL. You guys beat our country's farm team. . . both major and minor leagues are a bit busy right now.

So I'll credit you for the win, but you can't really call it a win against our collective hockey ability unless you play against our best players.

Remember that we won the last hockey World Cup.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Ummm. Maybe it's because all of our good players are in the NHL. You guys beat our country's farm team. . . both major and minor leagues are a bit busy right now.

So I'll credit you for the win, but you can't really call it a win against our collective hockey ability unless you play against our best players.

Remember that we won the last hockey World Cup.

It's Europe...they have to take what victories they can

btw, who took double gold at the last Olympics?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Here's how it works:

Look at the roster of the US team that played today.

Look at the US roster that played in the Olympics just a year ago.

Find the % of the current team that was skilled enough to be selected for the Olympic team.

Ignore thread if % is like really really small, like Zero.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    bbbbbbut.... who kicked the US team's ass in the Olympics?

(to be honest, it was a very close game, not an ass kicking. But we still won )

-robo
  • Reply 9 of 14
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Dallas. Against Anaheim. At home. Again....

(those first three conditions render the 1 goal margin an "ass kicking" by definition, since Dallas has been one of two odds-on favorites to win the Cup all year long).

The Ducks are truly starting to amaze me. Maybe Emilio Estevez is giving the locker room speeches.

• Reply 10 of 14
    The Hockeyistanis earned the right to talk hockey smack with their Olympic victory. Carry on for O Canada.

But no soup for Denmark just because they beat a bunch of OHLers and retreads. That would be like the Mariners celebrating because they beat the Tigers. Unless of couse they didn't even beat the Tigers because they gave up six runs despite the Tigers' pathetic lineup.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Awh Hell..

Didn't Canada & the USA go to war against each other sometime or other....around about 1812..

I think they "whooped your Asses then " & you've been sore as all hell since !
  • Reply 12 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Here's how it works:

Look at the roster of the US team that played today.

Look at the US roster that played in the Olympics just a year ago.

Find the % of the current team that was skilled enough to be selected for the Olympic team.

Ignore thread if % is like really really small, like Zero.

Hey there, doesn't go both ways bro.

"Miracle on ice!! Look at us, we won gold with a weak lineup!! America rules!!"

"Uh, we lost, shut up... we had a weak lineup."

Ok, ok, they had like a 4th string goalie in there, and some guy who plays in Germany backing him up...

It was nice to see Edmonton... err... Canada win their opener 3-0. Nice to see that Comrie, Smyth & Carter line going. That's supposed to be how it goes, nice easy opener. Someone forgot to tell Denmark that though.

They were just saying on SportsCenter here that in 1949 Canada beat Denmark 47-0! I wonder if they passed it around so everyone got a hat trick. heh heh
  • Reply 13 of 14
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

[runs and jumps into a fortified, flame-proof bunker, giggling all the way...]

Say hi to Bin Laden for me, you're gonna have to get used to each other in al that time down there.

<buonrotto patiently waits outside with stick in hand?>
  • Reply 14 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Yeah, but we know what kind of people play and watch hockey, so it doesn't really count.