Three things Apple got wrong with the Vision Pro launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,077member
    larrya said:
    Very disappointing about the broken HomePod. Back in the iPhone 3 days I was so impressed with Apple Store customer service that I bought stock in the company the next day. Any other retailer would have simply refunded your money for a DOA product. This disregard for the customer will eventually be Apple’s undoing. 

As to supporting multiple users on iPad/VPro, etc., you couldn’t be more wrong. Adding a user doesn’t carve out a ton of storage; and, a lot of Macs get sold with only 256GB of storage, yet they can handle it.  All users on a system generally share the same copies of apps and libraries. Only preferences and program data for each user, which is usually small, impact storage.  The real reason Apple doesn’t do this (and remember, iOS is based on MacOS), is to move more units.  The school/cloud storage thing is just a hack and probably the least desirable approach to this problem one could imagine. 

From a security standpoint no sharing as the default setting is the right decision long term and when, the dust settles and changes are made by Apple (due to crying), make sure the new setup puts all responsibilities on the main user for dropping the security of the system. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 25
    ruerue Posts: 10member

My experience with the Vision Pro has been a positive one and has improved as I have become more familiar with it. I made my order online on the morning that orders opened. The Light Seal that I was fitted with has worked flawlessly. The Zeiss optical inserts I ordered (readers 1.5-1.75) have also functioned flawlessly. After reading this article, I tried the Dual Loop Band; however, I found it uncomfortable and cumbersome to adjust. The Solo Knit Band is a remarkable bit of engineering, which allows the user to easily adjust it with a slight turn of a knob. It holds the Vision Pro on my face comfortably and securely and makes it easy for me to put on and remove the device. Like a new pair of shoes, the more I use it, the more I like it and the more comfortable it is. Of all the words published about the Vision Pro, I have seen few descriptions of the actual experience of using one. So here goes. I use my AVP between 1 and 3 hours every day. With it, for example, I can position a virtual viewing screen in the middle of my living room. I am currently watching a Foundation episode each day. The experience is vivid, expansive, and beautiful. I find that I turn my head slightly from one part of the screen to another part depending on the action, but the screen stays fixed in my field of vision. I can pause the video and with the battery safely in my pocket I can get up and walk around the room and even behind the screen, which looks like a large sheet of frosted glass. I can even take a tape measure and measure the screen, today it is 6 feet by 12 feet. While I am up I might as well get a mug of coffee from the kitchen, which is a neighboring room. The cameras on the VP accurately allow me to see and navigate my environment. I see the cat napping on the floor, I pour some coffee from this morning’s pot into my mug, then I get some soy milk from the refrigerator (I like my coffee white), and I put it in the microwave to reheat it for a minute. When I look back through the door to the living room, I see the huge screen still positioned there with the paused episode visible. I return to my seat with my mug of coffee and before restarting the episode, I activate the cinema setting and the room goes dark around the screen and I am in a theatre. I also use the AVP as a monitor for my computer, and that too works beautifully. My appreciation for the device grows daily.

thtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    thttht Posts: 5,535member
    rue said:

My experience with the Vision Pro has been a positive one and has improved as I have become more familiar with it. I made my order online on the morning that orders opened. The Light Seal that I was fitted with has worked flawlessly. The Zeiss optical inserts I ordered (readers 1.5-1.75) have also functioned flawlessly. After reading this article, I tried the Dual Loop Band; however, I found it uncomfortable and cumbersome to adjust. The Solo Knit Band is a remarkable bit of engineering, which allows the user to easily adjust it with a slight turn of a knob. It holds the Vision Pro on my face comfortably and securely and makes it easy for me to put on and remove the device. Like a new pair of shoes, the more I use it, the more I like it and the more comfortable it is. Of all the words published about the Vision Pro, I have seen few descriptions of the actual experience of using one. So here goes. I use my AVP between 1 and 3 hours every day. With it, for example, I can position a virtual viewing screen in the middle of my living room. I am currently watching a Foundation episode each day. The experience is vivid, expansive, and beautiful. I find that I turn my head slightly from one part of the screen to another part depending on the action, but the screen stays fixed in my field of vision. I can pause the video and with the battery safely in my pocket I can get up and walk around the room and even behind the screen, which looks like a large sheet of frosted glass. I can even take a tape measure and measure the screen, today it is 6 feet by 12 feet. While I am up I might as well get a mug of coffee from the kitchen, which is a neighboring room. The cameras on the VP accurately allow me to see and navigate my environment. I see the cat napping on the floor, I pour some coffee from this morning’s pot into my mug, then I get some soy milk from the refrigerator (I like my coffee white), and I put it in the microwave to reheat it for a minute. When I look back through the door to the living room, I see the huge screen still positioned there with the paused episode visible. I return to my seat with my mug of coffee and before restarting the episode, I activate the cinema setting and the room goes dark around the screen and I am in a theatre. I also use the AVP as a monitor for my computer, and that too works beautifully. My appreciation for the device grows daily.

Hopefully you wrote this post in the AVP. 

Appreciate you writing of your experience. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 25
    ruerue Posts: 10member
    tht said:
    rue said:

Hopefully you wrote this post in the AVP. 

Appreciate you writing of your experience. 
    I did while mirroring my computer to the AVP since I have yet to pair a keyboard to it and since I don't have a need to do so.
    watto_cobra