Pink Floyd and The Wizard Of Oz!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

A friend of mine had the Laser Disc where you could supposedly see it (other versions had it cut out) but we never did find it.

However, there is a freaky boy/ghost in THREE MEN AND A BABY that gave me chills when I saw it.

Its a cardboard cut-out of Ted Danson. You actually see it earlier in the movie. I'm surprised people still believe this, I thought it was debunked a long time ago

Proof
  • Reply 22 of 30
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    woops
  • Reply 23 of 30
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    they also have one on the munchcin hanging.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/ozsuicid.htm
  • Reply 24 of 30
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Well I'm trying it tonight at 7, so this better work!!
  • Reply 25 of 30
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Hmmm, looked at that clip for the munchkin hanging... hard to say what it is exactly, but I always thought the Wizard Of Oz was a freaky film.

I believe there are a lot of urban legends associated with not just this film, but other old films like The Exorcist for example.

Anyhow, I predict a boom in sales of "Dark side..." and DVDs of "..Oz" after this
  • Reply 26 of 30
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Anyhow, I predict a boom in sales of "Dark side..." and DVDs of "..Oz" after this

well, maybe in Wizard of Oz sales. anyone with half a brain already owns darkside.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

I believe there are a lot of urban legends associated with not just this film, but other old films like The Exorcist for example.

As a major "Exorcist" fan/junkie, I can tell you that most of those things associated with that movie are silly coincidences or outright myths/rumors. The big 25th anniversary collectors DVD has a GREAT documentary on it, with interviews with the director, the author, the major cast members, people on the crew, Dick Smith (the makeup artist/designer), etc.

Yes, there was a fire. There were some equipment malfunctions. Most of this is attributed to a cold, sub-freezing set (Regan's room) and odd wear-and-tear situations. But, combined with the content of the movie and all, many have attached unearthly, "oooo!" reasons to it.

There are some great online sites to that go into this stuff in detail. Hit google.com and check 'em out. I think one is exorcist.net, if I remember correctly.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    I just got done watching it with the CD and all, and it kicked ass. It was unreal, and then when the cast started singing a horrible song from the movie, just blasted Pink Floyd, unbelieveable!!!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Cool!

Now, must get a copy of Oz, some beer +"tobaccy" and settle in for a loooong weekend
  • Reply 30 of 30
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

well, maybe in Wizard of Oz sales. anyone with half a brain already owns darkside.

...Or the AAC files from Apple. :0)