US DOJ attacks nearly every aspect of Apple's business in massive antitrust suit

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,340member
    If Hamas lays down their weapons there will be no more war.  If Israel lays down their weapons there will be no more Israel.
    - Golda Meir
    Glad to see we agree on something.  Well, we both like Apple products, so that's two things.

Are you still certain it’s Biden who is clueless?  
    Until Biden agrees to take a much needed metal competency test, one cannot say how truly clueless the current President is.  But if listening to a multiple of his speeches is any indication, there is much to be concerned about.

If anyone is clueless, it would be Merrick Garland. That's not merely my opinion either:
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/24/03/22/analysts-mostly-non-plussed-by-doj-suit-and-believe-apple-will-win
    AllMwatto_cobra
  • Reply 82 of 92
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,376member
    US government doesn’t like it when you do privacy right. 
    NO government does...
    Yeah, and government’s are the only ones who believe that they have an intrinsic right to own a Walled Garden. Of course some government Walled Gardens are built to keep people out while others are built to keep people in. 
    AllMwatto_cobra
  • Reply 83 of 92
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,874member
    bulk001 said:
    Popcorn ready! It is about time the US stepped up and filed this case. Concerned about safety? Only download from the official Apple Store. Your iPhone should be like your Mac - download what you want from where you want and accept that there are risks to doing so if you go outside the Mac App Store. 
    Except when something goes wrong and your bank account is cleaned out, it’s Apple who is going to take a reputational hit based on confusion over who is to blame.  And that’s a huge hit to the value of Apple’s business.  For the actions of a few unsavvy users and a few unscrupulous app publishers/hackers.  

Many of parents who had their kid spend large sums of money on or within one of the game apps always went on the local news to blame Apple for the charge Sweeney Todd was never in the frame. :smile: 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 84 of 92
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,348member
    danox said:

tmay said:
    mac_dog said:
    They want access to everyone’s phones. This is about the fact that this government is having such a difficult time controlling their narrative and they want more access to be able to control it. Yes, I’m talking about the genocide in Gaza. It’s making clear to everyone the myth that the US as global peacekeeper is just that when the reality is that we are still colonizing the world and we’re the global bullies. 
    Israel may have committed war crimes, but not genocide.

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4442213-israels-may-have-committed-war-crimes-in-gaza-but-not-genocide/

You are likely unaware of how much the U.S. Military, and our allies, facilitate global trade via maintaining freedom navigation; see Yemen current events as an example.

You are probably unaware that France failed at creating a canal thru the Isthmus of Panama, likely due to Malaria, that the U.S. was able to complete later. That was more inline with our take on the Monroe Doctrine. The U.S. maintained its presence, including military, in the Canal Zone up until the very end of 1999, where it became Panamanian again. I would agree that the U.S. peacekeeping has been a mixed bag, as peacekeeping often is.

France completed the Suez Canal in 1869. It, and the Panama Canal, are the two premier shortcuts for shipping in the world. Neither France nor the U.S. are "colonizing the world", and they haven't for very many decades.

You know who is still colonizing the world? That would be Russia and the PRC, and interestingly enough, there are plenty of people as yourself that are fine with that, just as they were fine with Assad murdering Syrians.

Put your efforts into actually stopping colonization by those two parties, and I will no longer consider you a "tankie", or a "useful idiot".

Not true currently indigenous people around the world are currently getting the boot as usual the Mapuche in Chile or the islanders on the Indonesia western side of New Guinea, West China, or the Nordic Far North, do America Indians still exist in the eastern US I notice that when they raise their hands in mild protest like union organizers they seem to get crushed? Colonization is still on going worldwide it's just more quiet it is more than a Two Body Problem in fact it's a collective Human problem.

And the surviving (people) leftovers will be gaslighted out of existence do the Netanyahu.
    Native Americans, as they prefer to be called, still exist in the Eastern U.S.

It's a long list;

https://www.bia.gov/regional-offices/eastern/tribes-served

I apologize for not recognizing all of the colonization going on around the world, if that is what is going on with your examples, but I completely agree that indigenous people are facing pressure from larger populations of other ethnicities within their own countries.

I stand by my statement that the U.S. is not currently colonizing the world, and hasn't since the end of WWII, when the Philippines was granted its full independence.

There are a few vestiges of the Spanish colonization that the U.S. acquired in the Spanish American War, that are still maintained today. Guam, a few other islands in the Pacific, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The United States assumed territorial control over the southern portion of Guantánamo Bay under the 1903 Lease. The United States exercises jurisdiction and control over this territory as the home of the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, while recognizing that Cuba retains ultimate sovereignty.
    Your statement with regard to the U.S. being a colonizer is false.

edited March 22 baconstangmegacookiewatto_cobra
  • Reply 85 of 92
    Not voting for either idiot for president this year!!!

Amazon is more of a Monopoly threat, then Apple or Google.  How many mom and Pop shops have been closed because of Walmart and Amazon and other big box stores. buying products from Apple or Google or 7-Eleven is a consumers choice.
    Hmmm. Not an expert on the way this works but I'm pretty sure the POTUS and his party doesn't just tell the DOJ who and what they should go after.

Also, I'd be concerned that you don't see any difference between a party lead by a man who is trying to destroy American democracy and a man who is considered just too old (and yet somehow also a conniving genius).
    thtwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 86 of 92

charlesn said:
    pslice said:
    I realize the DOJ is an independent entity from the political parties,
    I hope this was sarcasm. Nothing could be less true in reality. 
    While that may be true, is it more influenced by congress or the senate? Because I'm pretty sure the POTUS doesn't actually snap his fingers and tells the DOJ to take action.  I'm actually asking.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 87 of 92
    bulk001 said:
    Popcorn ready! It is about time the US stepped up and filed this case. Concerned about safety? Only download from the official Apple Store. Your iPhone should be like your Mac - download what you want from where you want and accept that there are risks to doing so if you go outside the Mac App Store. 
    Or maybe switch to Android where you can put whatever you want on the device. I mean, that's a viable alternative, no? And isn't that the whole point? There are alternatives to using Apple products. Choosing to use Apple products means you choose to work within the constraints of the ecosystem, constraints Apple put in place to protect the security of the devices, which is a big reason why people choose Apple over Android.
    AllMwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 88 of 92
    And the people running this lawsuit probably have no idea how these devices work. Looking forward to watching Apple reps being grilled over why viruses exist and can more easily affect non-Apple products.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 89 of 92
    Draco said:
    This is the administration that Apple voted for. Enjoy. 
    Clearly a lack of understanding how the DOJ works. It's not like the DOJ is entirely reconstructed every time the a different party is elected to power.
    williamlondonbaconstang
  • Reply 90 of 92
    One of the most if not not the most ilegal antitrust lawsuits I have ever heard.

-So why didn't Apple sued Microsoft to have a an Apple OS in all the Windows running machines?
    +Because Apple could do basically the same in its OS without the need of emulators and Apple has not cried like all this other ones that ganged against Apple.

-So why all the other ones have always cried when Apple got rid of floppies, disk readers, converted te SIM card to a nano and even to a no need, cried so much when Apple decided to get rid of Flash?
    +Because Apple has been light years ahead of all the other OS systems and Apple is an ECOSYSTEM. The other ones just make either hardware or software. MS just started whit's Surface, what 10 years ago. Wow, late to the party.

-So why Apple can build its own 5 billion Space ship, invest and decided after 10 year and 10 billion that no need to make a car or abandoned the making of televisions years ago?
    +Because they spend their own money for R&D and they don't stretch their hand like INTEL for 8.5 billion dollars.

+Because Apple created its own App Store 25 years ago and Amazon and Google and the other losers they woke up late and now they want also cake.
    +Because Apple might not be the the first but when they do something they do it better tan anyone. 
    +BECAUSE APPLE DIDN'T MAKE SOMETHING UGLY AND USLESS LIKE ZUNE!!!
    +BECAUSE APPLE DOESN'T SPEND 19 BILLION ON BUYING WA AND FB STILL CANNOT FIND THE FORMULA TO MONETIZE
    +BECAUSE APPLE HAS 167,000 EMPLOYEES. SAME NUMBER THAT THE OTHER TECH COMPANIES HAVE FIRED SINCE COVID AND APPLE HAS NOT FIRED AND KEEPS UP OPENING STORES AND SINCE 2017 HAS BOUGHT 20 AI COMPANIES VS MS 10.
    +BECAUSE APPLE HAD TWO GREAT STEVES AND ALL THE OTHER ONES TOGETHER DON'T MAKE 1% OF EACH ONE OF THE ONES HAD AND MANY OTHER GREAT NAMES AND CREATIVE PEOPLE.

Because Apple via Steve Jobs saw in PIXAR what not even George Lucas could see.

Because Apple revolutionized the entire tech world with computers, OS's, iPods, iPads, iPhones, iMacs, Apple Vision Pro, Apple Watch and Apple and Steve Jobs have To this date, has 1,158 patents credited in total, of which 377 are utility-based and 781 are design patents. 145 among these were awarded after his demise in 2011.

Shame on the Biden administration and DOJ Department. This year I'm not voting. He had my vote all the way but this is an offense to 
    inlegence. The DOJ should  better chase the crooks of the SCOTUS and many other politicians. 

watto_cobrabaconstang
  • Reply 91 of 92
    AllMAllM Posts: 65member
    Madbum said:
    I never voted or been political in my life but I will for sure vote clueless Biden out this November 

‪monopoly? There are more non-Apple phones; out there Biden and most are Chinese androids

Biden is doing the bidding for Chinese communist owned Epic games with this lawsuit

Joe Biden knows how to do two things.

Siphon endless American money to Corrupt Ukraine and trying to take down great American companies.

Think about this next time you vote for Democrats, you are voting for communists . Full stop

stay out of our devices! 
    The investigation that led to the announcement of this legal action was begin under the Trump administration.  Fact.

In our tripartite government structure there should be separation of the DOJ from the executive branch. Biden should NOT attempt to influence an ongoing investigation.  He would be correctly castigated for DOING SO, not for failing to do so.  

Are you still certain it’s Biden who is clueless?  
    Same bureaucracy, different faces. 
    edited March 23
  • Reply 92 of 92
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,108member
    And the people running this lawsuit probably have no idea how these devices work. Looking forward to watching Apple reps being grilled over why viruses exist and can more easily affect non-Apple products.
    Apple created the Wuhan lab to unleash COVID-19, Intel viruses and TikTok on the world....doncha know?
    watto_cobra