933 MHz G4 in AppleX Panther screenshots

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Yes, the panther screenshots are pretty neat, bu not much change form Jaguar. But one interesting bit of info is that in the 2nd screenshot, in the "about" box, there is a 933 MHz G4 listed. Maybe I am wrong, but there is no 933 G4 in any Apple product at the moment. Maybe this speed will be in the next eMac rev.

See the shot HERE.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Maybe I am wrong, but there is no 933 G4 in any Apple product at the moment.

So what? I mean, really...
  • Reply 2 of 20
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    One of the Quick Silvers is 933mhz I believe. This has been posted already too.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Dunno. I guess that it just doesn't matter.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    zedzed Posts: 7member
    NO. The base Quicksilver (or current G4) is 1Ghz, i think

Mabey the 12 powerbok.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    What's the point?

Just because they are showing an unreleased version of Mac OS X (which they're not) doesn't mean that it's installed on an unreleased Mac.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    zedzed Posts: 7member
    Name a Mac w/ a 933 MHz G4.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Maybe this speed will be in the next eMac rev.

Safari features a "stop" button with an "X" in it. Maybe the next PowerMac design will feature a huge "X" on one side.

We don't know if those shots are real (I doubt it). But what I do know is that there was a PowerMac G4 with 933 MHz some time ago.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...g4_933_qs.html
  • Reply 8 of 20
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    Placebo, simply because there are no 933MHz Power Mac machines on the market right now (thank goodness) doesn't mean the OS can't be run on a previous generation G4. As others have pointed out, there was at one time a G4 933. When Panther comes out, I'm going to be running it on my iBook 466, but that doesn't mean iBook 466s are still in production, does it? In any case, many (including me) believe the screen shot to be fake. It doesn't show any improved features, and the supposed piles demonstration is really quite lame - it looks like someone threw three identical icons together and slapped it on a folder. That can't be the new great feature, rest assured.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by zed

Power Mac G4 QuickSilver 2002 was available in:

800MHz, 933MHz, and Dual 1GHz.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zed

One of the early Quicksilver towers had a 933 Mhz G4 chip.

[edit: oops JLL already beat me to it. ]
  • Reply 11 of 20
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Oooops, for a moment there I thought I was in the "Gold iBook" thread
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

It was actually one of the latest QuickSilvers
  • Reply 13 of 20
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Lock the thread or move it to the OS X forum, this has absolutely no relation to future hardware.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

It was actually one of the latest QuickSilvers

Well there were only two QuickSilver revisions... the 733/867/dual 800 and the 800/933/dual 1000 so obviously it was the later one
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zapchud

Lock the thread or move it to the OS X forum, this has absolutely no relation to future hardware.

Just lock it.. It makes no sense to keep it rooling.. It shouldnt even have been brought out on the ballfield!
  • Reply 16 of 20
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    "Apple to announce slower processor - CONFIRMED!!!!!"

Still, beats the Von Neumann 970 threads...
  • Reply 17 of 20
    shaktaishaktai Posts: 157member
    Guess it only figures that someone, not thinking, would figure that would indicate some kind of new Mac.

The supposed photos, came from a third party not necessarily directly from Apple. If real, then someone who had access to a "development beta" version of Panther maybe, but it could be run on any kind of a recent Mac, including the very slightly older 933mhz Quicksilver. Who ever took the screen shots, "if real", probably only had brief access to one of the development machines.

Consider them most likely busted and looking for work, or at least forever banned from third party development work.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

[edit: oops JLL already beat me to it. ]

No, I beat you to it, third post on this thread, c'mon!
  • Reply 19 of 20
    so ya, while everyone here debates where the 933 g4 was used, im going to make the obvious question:

Does that "pile" look crappy or what?
  • Reply 20 of 20
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Yes, there was a 933 MHz G4. End of story.