Senator Warren doesn't have a plan to break up Apple, but still wants to pretty badly

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    RadMaxRadMax Posts: 15member
    She seems like a real enemy of entrepreneurship and capitalism.  I hope her retirement is near.  I wonder how much AAPL is in her portfolio.
    zeus423watto_cobra9secondkox2
  • Reply 22 of 38
    darelrexdarelrex Posts: 138member

It's important to remember that TECH COMPANIES were lobbying against Apple. It's not just U.S. or EU legislators coming up with this on their own. 

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2022/1/icymi-more-than-35-tech-companies-come-out-in-support-of-klobuchar-grassley-legislation-to-stop-big-tech-self-preferencing
    The fact that some tech companies are lobbying against Apple because they want to screw up Apple's product to their own advantage, isn't a reason to pass laws that let them do that. Consumers who really want an Android-like system are already able to buy Android, right now. (And half of them do, even in the U.S.)

Case in point: Apple gives every individual iPhone/iPad user the option to allow or disallow tracking, and to make this choice for each app. Zuckerberg hates that, because he wants Facebook to be able to track all its users whether they like it not. So he lobbies the government to strip Apple of control over iOS, so that he will be able to do whatever he wants there.
    AllMzeus423badmonkwatto_cobradanoxjony0
  • Reply 23 of 38
    mrstepmrstep Posts: 518member
    ssfe11 said:
    There is something seriously wrong with this woman. 
    What do you have against Native Americans? 😂
    watto_cobra9secondkox2Suicidy
  • Reply 24 of 38
    AllMAllM Posts: 71member
    darelrex said:

It's important to remember that TECH COMPANIES were lobbying against Apple. It's not just U.S. or EU legislators coming up with this on their own. 

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2022/1/icymi-more-than-35-tech-companies-come-out-in-support-of-klobuchar-grassley-legislation-to-stop-big-tech-self-preferencing
    The fact that some tech companies are lobbying against Apple because they want to screw up Apple's product to their own advantage, isn't a reason to pass laws that let them do that. Consumers who really want an Android-like system are already able to buy Android, right now. (And half of them do, even in the U.S.)

Case in point: Apple gives every individual iPhone/iPad user the option to allow or disallow tracking, and to make this choice for each app. Zuckerberg hates that, because he wants Facebook to be able to track all its users whether they like it not. So he lobbies the government to strip Apple of control over iOS, so that he will be able to do whatever he wants there.
    You care too much about Zuckerberg, methinks. Facebook isn’t sexy anymore. 
  • Reply 25 of 38
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 3,012member
    One of the most clueless people on the planet and shouldn’t wield any sort of power to affect businesses or individual lives other than hee own. 
    watto_cobraAllM
  • Reply 26 of 38
    Xed said:
    globby said:
    Appleinsider: softball with the EU and hardball with the United States. 
    Eliz W deserves to be laughed at. 
    Please, let's be respectful of her and use her "spirit name", Fauxahontas. Her whole career started with, uh, "taking" a job from a real Native American, so she knows a thing or two about stealing.

Also interesting that these lawfare attacks on Apple (in the US) are just before election time ... shakedown, anyone?

It's really easy to get your facts straight on this subject  before you post. Here's a starting point...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/elizabeth-warren-wealthy-native-american/
    Snipes is known to cover for certain folks of a particular bent. Hasn’t been a trusted source for a long time. 

But let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and say she doesn’t have any significant real estate or didn’t get that Harvard job based on her lies about heritage. 

The facts remain she lied. For a long time. With emphasis and attitude that it somehow made her a minority who could credibly speak on various issues with this as her cornerstone. Ridiculous. Even children know better. This woman is a fool and cannot be trusted with any kind of power. 
    watto_cobraibill
  • Reply 27 of 38
    ilarynxilarynx Posts: 119member
    globby said:
    Please, let's be respectful of her and use her "spirit name", Fauxahontas. Her whole career started with, uh, "taking" a job from a real Native American, so she knows a thing or two about stealing.

Also interesting that these lawfare attacks on Apple (in the US) are just before election time ... shakedown, anyone?

No need to go all wing-nut Fascistihontas on this just because you don't have anything substantive to offer to the conversation. 
    9secondkox2watto_cobraspheric
  • Reply 28 of 38
    I am all for taking down Apple’s monopolistic powers and leveling the playing field for the rest. Apple iPhone should exist as a separate and standalone bu. It’s fine when apples innovation was industry leading. But now it’s just holding on to past glories. 
    9secondkox2
  • Reply 29 of 38
    XedXed Posts: 2,814member
    tomasulu said:
    I am all for taking down Apple’s monopolistic powers and leveling the playing field for the rest. Apple iPhone should exist as a separate and standalone bu. It’s fine when apples innovation was industry leading. But now it’s just holding on to past glories. 
    So, the iPhone should be it's own separate and standalone company with no connection to the iPad, Mac, Watch, AppleTV, Vision, HomePod, and all the other products that consumers benefit from by having the synergy of a unified OS platform or the new technologies, frameworks, and APIs that are announced at WWDC annually and put into their IDE, Xcode? If that's what you're saying 'll need you to explain that to me in detail.
    edited April 19 paisleydiscoRadMax9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 38
    tomasulu said:
    LOLOL 
    9secondkox2watto_cobradewmedanox
  • Reply 31 of 38
    tomasulu said:
    So… in your little opinion, if the little guy actually succeeds in a big way, then doesn’t fall back down but becomes continually more successful, then it becomes a liability and must be punished? Yeah… no thank you. 

Way to kill motivation for entrepreneurs, businesses small and large, and ultimately the economy and quality of life. 

We’ve learned from the failure of various regime’s. We like things free to soar thanks. 
    watto_cobramattinoz
  • Reply 32 of 38
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,412member
    tomasulu said:
    Translation: "When a successful company makes things that no longer tickle my fancy, Big Brother must intervene so my fancy is tickled once again."

• Reply 33 of 38
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,446member
    One of the most clueless people on the planet and shouldn’t wield any sort of power to affect businesses or individual lives other than hee own. 
    The problem is that the statement actually describes 80% who run for public office and what 40% (just enough they can wedge inaction on any topic not enough people expect them to have some alternative answers). Then they invented the 2party convention in order to ensure the wedge kept the rest from just getting butting heads and coming up with a plan. 
  • Reply 34 of 38
    mrstep said:
    ssfe11 said:
    What do you have against Native Americans? 😂
    It’s the other 99.99% of her that’s deficient.

• Reply 35 of 38

jdw said:
    tomasulu said:
    Translation: "When a successful company makes things that no longer tickle my fancy, Big Brother must intervene so my fancy is tickled once again."

People’s totalitarian tendencies are disturbing.

• Reply 36 of 38
    ssfe11 said:
    She’s not very bright, nor informed.  Her know.edge of economics and business is sorely lacking.
  • Reply 37 of 38

Indeed. She’s quite the buffoon.