"Clutter" is fantastic!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
what a superb idea, that implemented by the little Cluster companion to iTunes!

Basically it lets you access your MP3 albums by their CD cover, which it automatically fetches from Amazon upon playing any of your songs. You can then drag the cover and snap it to your desktop. That way you can recreate your collection of CDs on screen, and access and play any CD just like in the real world, except much faster. With this little gem, I am back in control of my virtual music collection, rather than drowning in a sea of MP3 files in iTunes.

Clutter is to iTunes what the OS 9 Spatial Finder is to the CLI (or to the OS X Finder for that matter...): puts the user firmly back in control.

For those interested, it's available at http://www.sprote.com/clutter/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cygsid

what a superb idea, that implemented by the little Cluster companion to iTunes!

Basically it lets you access your MP3 albums by their CD cover, which it automatically fetches from Amazon upon playing any of your songs. You can then drag the cover and snap it to your desktop. That way you can recreate your collection of CDs on screen, and access and play any CD just like in the real world, except much faster. With this little gem, I am back in control of my virtual music collection, rather than drowning in a sea of MP3 files in iTunes.

Clutter is to iTunes what the OS 9 Spatial Finder is to the CLI (or to the OS X Finder for that matter...): puts the user firmly back in control.

For those interested, it's available at http://www.sprote.com/clutter/

This thing is awsome!
  • Reply 2 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    audion has a featuer kinda liek this...it displays the album cover when u play the osng but i think u have to ge the picture ur self and tell the mp3 which pictuer to show
  • Reply 3 of 17
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    this is cool. another fun little app. for free, and only for X.

score us.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    nice little app....geeks are great...

g
  • Reply 5 of 17
    maybe i dont completely understand how this works, but it doesn't seem practical if you have more then 10 or so cd's, i mean it will become well clutter...u will start to run out of space i would think
  • Reply 6 of 17
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Sweeet!!!
  • Reply 7 of 17
    this is sweet but i have a question

i have a CD that isn't on amazon.com that i want to add...how do i do this?

i have all the mp3z imported to my computer from the CD

and i found the album cover on the internet

can somone give me directions?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    you don't need this anymore; itunes 4 displays cover art.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    cygsidcygsid Posts: 210member
    to ast3r3x: you can just drag and drop the image onto the "well" holding the currently playing album in Clutter. That easy.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    nah, see i dont want to change the picture of an album, i want to create a new one and there isn't one on amazon

Jon, yes thanks i know i am just testing out this program (its slightly different because you can visually 'see the music' with clutter, and iTunes just displays the album once u've got the song (i believe)
  • Reply 11 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Man this is cool.

ast3r3x, eh em RTFM.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Man this is cool.

ast3r3x, eh em RTFM.

listen i did, and i didn't get it...i'll read it again 2morrow, perhaps i ws stupid 2night

but it just said how to change the icon, not make a differnt disc (unless i misread, although the heading made it sound the other way)

copy and paste the part i missed that tell me how to do it if i missed it
  • Reply 13 of 17
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Here is a decent little app for acquiring album art for use in iTunes 4. It will download the .jpg to the album folder in your itunes library and you'll have to dig it out and drop it in the itunes image well yourself.

Easier than searching through amazon though. \

http://www.hillmanminx.net/showcdcover/index.html
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by seb

Here is a decent little app for acquiring album art for use in iTunes 4. It will download the .jpg to the album folder in your itunes library and you'll have to dig it out and drop it in the itunes image well yourself.

Easier than searching through amazon though. \

http://www.hillmanminx.net/showcdcover/index.html

that is still nice and i will probably use it

does anyone know of a way to set the album for multiple mp3z?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

that is still nice and i will probably use it

does anyone know of a way to set the album for multiple mp3z?

I tried selecting multiple tracks in itunes and then dropping the jpeg on the album picture imagewell. Worked as expected...
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whyatt Thrash

I tried selecting multiple tracks in itunes and then dropping the jpeg on the album picture imagewell. Worked as expected...

hmm, i thought it tried this and it didn't work

...perhaps i was using a picture from Clutter that could be a problem of it
  • Reply 17 of 17
    ANOTHER reason why its amazing....

if u have ur mp3z labeled right, even if u dont specify to, if u just are playing randome mp3z it will fetch the album cover and so it will have that in the dock while the song is playing