Apple apologizes for iPad Pro 'Crush' ad after massive backlash

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    ITGUYINSDITGUYINSD Posts: 533member
    debonbon said:
    How some people don’t see how this advert is on the nose is beyond me. Making an ad trying to appeal to creatives by showing all their beloved tools being crushed and replaced by a tablet. I LOVE my iPad Air but I also LOVE my guitars, keyboards, amp etc. It was just really dumb idea and how they didn’t foresee such a reaction is bizarre.
    How many very famous rock bands and guitar players are known for destroying their equipment and smashing their guitars during their shows?  I don't recall the outrage back then.  Plus, Apple didn't destroy anything nor are they suggesting you destroy your beloved guitar.  It was a visual metaphor to show what all an iPad can do.  And a clever one.  I liked it.
    ravnorodomXeddewme
  • Reply 82 of 85
    XedXed Posts: 2,815member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    debonbon said:
    How some people don’t see how this advert is on the nose is beyond me. Making an ad trying to appeal to creatives by showing all their beloved tools being crushed and replaced by a tablet. I LOVE my iPad Air but I also LOVE my guitars, keyboards, amp etc. It was just really dumb idea and how they didn’t foresee such a reaction is bizarre.
    How many very famous rock bands and guitar players are known for destroying their equipment and smashing their guitars during their shows?  I don't recall the outrage back then.  Plus, Apple didn't destroy anything nor are they suggesting you destroy your beloved guitar.  It was a visual metaphor to show what all an iPad can do.  And a clever one.  I liked it.
    And every new Apple product release there is someone that makes money on page views from seeing if it will blend, plus all the drop tests and other destructive tests that people watch actual devices get destroyed.

I'm in agreement with you and Apple message seemed obvious to me in the video, but emotion usually outweighs logic for most people so that can't be ignored when it comes to marketing.
    sflageldewmenubus
  • Reply 83 of 85
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,921member
    Apple could have done exactly the same Ad by nicely moving(not crushing) a pile of instruments or whatever were displayed in Ad and show easily replaced with new iPad. This way, the dramatic scene of crushing created uproar vs moving away sends the right message to audience.
  • Reply 84 of 85
    sunman42 said:
    They are going to replace it with an ad where they kill Bambi.
     Bambi vs. Godzilla, one of the best animated movies ever.
    Don't forget Gamera, because Gamera is friend to children!
    And made of turtle meat!
  • Reply 85 of 85
    A forum full over sensitive adult cry babies. Don't sulk, mommy loves you very much!