Do I smell a special event on April 28th? CONFIRMED!

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 252
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    NY Times reports that new iPods will go on sale on Friday, May 2. This confirms earlier reports of special events at the Apple Stores that day and Saturday. Stay tuned.
  • Reply 242 of 252
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

NY Times reports that new iPods will go on sale on Friday, May 2. This confirms earlier reports of special events at the Apple Stores that day and Saturday. Stay tuned.

yes, apparently... but i hope that doesnt mean that the new iTunes and Music service won't be available until then. And as nice as the new iPods will be Im sure, I find it odd that a special apple store event would be had for them considering it is just an upgrade.

Perhaps something more on the hardware front or perhaps you will actually have to buy iTunes 4 or something? I don't know but I don't really understand having an event on a friday night just to let people get at the new updated iPod quick.
  • Reply 243 of 252
    gsfmarkgsfmark Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SuperMatt

I believe this new music service would be useful to me only if I could find some less-popular things on it. I am an opera singer, and sometimes I want to find different renditions of an aria. The only time I was ever able to do this was during the brief existence of Audiogalaxy. On Acquisition, Kazaa, or WinMX, I can never find anything useful. And I'm not going to spend $40 on a complete opera recording for one aria.

Another nice thing could be remixes or music that was only available on a single. I buy the main albums of artists that I like, but I'm not usually willing to spend $7.99 on a single which has 1 song I've already got and just a few remixes on it. I WOULD pay per-song for those remixes perhaps though.

Matthew

I agree so hard!!! I really want 4 of the coldplay songs from the Blue Room EP, but i don't want to order the whole cd.. Same with their singles, I want the B sides, but I don't want to order the singles.... I hope Apple lets us order B Sides!!!

And yeah, audiogalaxy was pretty awesome
  • Reply 244 of 252
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    The event starts in about 2 hours from now... 10 am pacific/ 1 pm eastern time... anyone know if any website will have live coverage? If none will then can anyone at an Apple store or with a satellite provide live coverage over ichat on the appleinsider room? I have tons of Apple stock that I bough when it hit the low 13 range but i might sell right before or during the broadcast if they say they had to make some huge investments in music companies...

thanks
  • Reply 245 of 252
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Producer

The event starts in about 2 hours from now... 10 am pacific/ 1 pm eastern time... anyone know if any website will have live coverage? If none will then can anyone at an Apple store or with a satellite provide live coverage over ichat on the appleinsider room? I have tons of Apple stock that I bough when it hit the low 13 range but i might sell right before or during the broadcast if they say they had to make some huge investments in music companies...

thanks

MacMinute.com is supposed to have a live coverage.
  • Reply 246 of 252
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    From Macrumors (they are ready to go):

Websites

- Macminute.com reported that they would be providing live coverage of the event.

- Macdailynews.com reports they will have live updates.

- iPodlounge.com - Live updates
  • Reply 247 of 252
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bperkins

From Macrumors (they are ready to go):

Websites

- Macminute.com reported that they would be providing live coverage of the event.

- Macdailynews.com reports they will have live updates.

- iPodlounge.com - Live updates

Apple has a stream up at:

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/a...00_250_ref.mov
  • Reply 248 of 252
    powerpcpowerpc Posts: 109member
    damn, i can't seem to get a feed.....
  • Reply 249 of 252
    audio and video feeds are either jammed or blocked to random peoples ip's.
  • Reply 250 of 252
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    the Ithaca Journal( a local gannet newspaper) Says that today (monday the 28th) the new music downloading program will be revieled. apple.com isnt saying anything... very weird. Seems like a bunch of things are all about to happen, new music downloading, itunes 4 and new ipods. . . oooh its all so exiting.
  • Reply 251 of 252
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matt FT

audio and video feeds are either jammed or blocked to random peoples ip's.

Like mine!
  • Reply 252 of 252
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    It happened...it's done...there is plenty of discussion about this in Current Hardware and Software.