ipods are announced!!!

mggmgg
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The apple store is down currently and so is spymac. However, on spymac's page it says that they are closed due to apple announcing their new ipods: 10 15 and 30 gigs with itunes 4. Is this really true? If so sweet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!! It was true. Thank God.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    yeah, hot news section says with dock that has audio out.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    I have to say I'm kind of disappointed that the case redesign rumors turned out to be accurate...

• Reply 4 of 15
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Looks like the FireWire/USB 2.0 cable rumor was true as well:

• Reply 5 of 15
    They look rockin to me.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Don't get me wrong...they look great, but the old interface had the edge from a design perspective.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Don't get me wrong...they look great, but the old interface had the edge from a design perspective.

i completely agree!
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I actually have to agree re: the buttons moving on the iPod. It now requires a greater movement to access the buttons controlling playback...
  • Reply 9 of 15
    If I'm reading the specs right, it looks like you can only connect via the dock...which reduces the iPod's utility as a portable storage medium. It was definitely better when all you needed to carry with you to connect to another computer was a FW cable...

Edit: maybe that was too hasty...a FW to dock connector is listed in the accessories, so it might go straight into the iPod as well...
  • Reply 10 of 15
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    The new firmware doesn't have the extra's like on-the-go playlists and the new games and stuff
  • Reply 11 of 15
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Love the redesign execpt for the buttons. It is going to be much harder to press the pause button at the gym without taking it out of the case. Other than that and no DMB (Dave Matthews Band) at the new Music store.....nice updates.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    The new connectors suck - I'd want to use it as a portable hard drive as well, but now I'll always have to have that twin cable in my pocket and not be able to just use a firewire cable that someone has lying around wherever I'm going :-(
  • Reply 13 of 15
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    You don't require the dock to connect. The new 10GB does not come with the dock so it would be a real disappontment to new buyers .
  • Reply 14 of 15
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    there is a FW cable in the store for the new connector
  • Reply 15 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    pssst. digital hub is just one link down. go check out the thread over there.

i'd move this one but DH already has one. closing this one down.