Looks Like Some Older Catalogue Albums Not Available Complete

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just checked the listing of Frank Sinatra CDs available. No Capitol yet (his best recordings) but I did notice that of the CD's listed most said "partial available". Not all the songs were included for download.

Did anyone notice that during the promotional video it showed a CD download at $9.99? Does this mean whole CD's are slightly less. Anyone check this out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    What does it mean when it says Clean next to the song title?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Ah, the power of censorship. I assume it means no naughty words or concepts. And yet Christina can wear what she (almost) wears.

Listen to me, I sound as if I'm 90!

Screed "MTV has done to music, what KFC has done to chicken."
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Ah, the power of censorship. I assume it means no naughty words or concepts. And yet Christina can wear what she (almost) wears.

Hmm? It seems to be the other way around

When i do a Cmd-I on and Aerosmith song with Clean next to it, it shows a Parental Advisor sticker (terrible scan though), but that doesn't show when I do a Cmd-I on an Aerosmith song without Clean nexct to it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Maybe they offer a cencored (cleaned-up) version of those songs for download? Have you tried clicking on "clean?" (I'm away from my Mac...)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Hmm? It seems to be the other way around

When i do a Cmd-I on and Aerosmith song with Clean next to it, it shows a Parental Advisor sticker (terrible scan though), but that doesn't show when I do a Cmd-I on an Aerosmith song without Clean nexct to it.

Maybe Clean is a link to a clean version? It's not uncommon for artists to release radio-friendly versions of profane songs with altered or bleeped-out lyrics.

I haven't been able to get on the site, so I'm just hypothesizing.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    BTW, with regard to original post:

"Know when new songs are available

Be sure to sign up for the free ?New Music Tuesdays? email bulletin (available when you create your account) to keep current with all the new releases and newly added back catalog selections."

http://www.apple.com/music/store/

They do seem to plan on filling in a lot of stuff.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Noticed that Elvis '56 is available complete CD for $9.99. Any other product have lower per song prices for whole CDs?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Maybe Clean is a link to a clean version? It's not uncommon for artists to release radio-friendly versions of profane songs with altered or bleeped-out lyrics.

I haven't been able to get on the site, so I'm just hypothesizing.

Correct. Check out Beck's Discography for example. They offer a 'clean' and 'explicit' version of Mellow Gold.