New leaked illustrations claim Apple Watch X has a bigger screen than Apple Watch Ultra

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    dutchlorddutchlord Posts: 262member
    “Dramatically changed” is an overstatement due to lack of innovation and/or compelling features. 
    williamlondond_2
  • Reply 22 of 28
    lewchenkolewchenko Posts: 134member
    I’ve had a few Apple watches over the years (probably too many) and the main issue with all of them has been the poor quality of scratch resistance on the screens. (Non sapphire model). 
    I doubt the X base model will have Saphire so will need to decide whether paying what is probably going to be £600 plus for the sapphire model is worth it. My current series 7 looks like it was beat up by Mike Tyson. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 28
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,056member
    I love Gold aluminum. So I bought the last model that had that color - 44mm Series 6 - the last week it was still for sale. Then in the last year I found a Chinese firm which makes Gold covers for all models. But I still think the Ultra is too gigantic. So I’m excited to be able to buy a reasonably thinner big screen model in September. And if they still don’t resume selling Gold aluminum, I’ll buy Starlight and snap on a gold cover from China.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 28
    dutchlord said:
    “Dramatically changed” is an overstatement due to lack of innovation and/or compelling features. 
    It hasn't even launched, but here you are with the first rumor condemning them, such a negative nelly all the time. In other forums they'd call you a troll, but here that's not allowed.
    napoleon_phoneapartmelgrosswatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28
    XedXed Posts: 2,814member
    dutchlord said:
    What current smart watch has innovation and compelling features that you wish Apple would include into their Watch?

While I disagree that the Watch lacks compelling features seeing as it's my second most utilized Apple device that I own (the Mac being the first), I would love for miniaturization to allow Satellite SOS to find its way into the Watch. 
    napoleon_phoneapartAlex1Nwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 28
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,669member
    melgross said:
    Xed said:
    miiwtwo said:
    bored design, even better the ultra 
    Bored design? What do you mean by that?
    I think he means boring design. A lot of people still think that a watch has to be round. They lack imagination. Most watches have been round, so that’s what a watch must be.

i like the design of Apple’s watches. I would also like a bigger display for the Ultra. The bigger the better, if it’s true that they can get a bigger display in the same, or smaller case. My Ultra case is designed for ruggedness, so I don’t think they can put a bigger display in without a redesign.

i’m 74 now and have had a detached retina and cataract operations, so a bigger display would be nice. Also, some features just work better on a bigger display, such as the calculator and tiny keyboard.
    Exact same vision issues for me with ocular hypertension thrown in as an added bonus. Same opinion about the current Apple Watch designs. I just updated my stainless steel with sapphire crystal cellular Series 5 with a new battery (they actually give you a full replacement watch) for around $100 USD and it’s working like a champ for what I use it for. With the Autosleep app it’s an absolute game changer for sleep monitoring. I believe the battery replacement option makes a lot more sense for the stainless steel + sapphire models because they cost more upfront and still look great for years to come. Of course Apple will limit how far back they go (series wise) for battery replacements.

That said, an Apple Watch upgrade is going to be my next Apple purchase. I’m just waiting to see what’s on the fall agenda before I make the jump. I really like the current Ultra design and configuration. To me it’s a no brainer upgrade over the Series 9. Once you option up the Series 9 it’s only $50 USD less than the Ultra. One click purchase. Unless the Series 10 design is an improvement over the Ultra I think the next series Ultra will be my pick. I’ll still have my like-new Series 5 if I need a less bulky watch or maybe I’ll use it exclusively for sleep monitoring, unless of course the new Ultra has additional sensors that improve the sleep monitoring capabilities.

As far as biggy sized watches go, even the Apple Watch Ultra is a twiggy compared to the fancy rich-bro (or rich-bro knockoff) watches that have been around for many years. Nothing quite says “I have way too much money” than a hockey puck sized, high end wristwatch, or more accurately arm watch. You’ll have to buy a counterweight for your other arm to maintain your balance.
    muthuk_vanalingamAlex1Nmelgrosswatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 28
    melgross said:
    i’m 74 now and have had a detached retina and cataract operations, so a bigger display would be nice. Also, some features just work better on a bigger display, such as the calculator and tiny keyboard.

I feel ya. I'm 68 and my plastic lenses and vitrectomied eyes are ready for a larger display. Actually, the current Watch display is fine for me, but any improvement is good.
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 28
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    dewme said:
    melgross said:
    Xed said:
    miiwtwo said:
    bored design, even better the ultra 
    Bored design? What do you mean by that?
    I think he means boring design. A lot of people still think that a watch has to be round. They lack imagination. Most watches have been round, so that’s what a watch must be.

i like the design of Apple’s watches. I would also like a bigger display for the Ultra. The bigger the better, if it’s true that they can get a bigger display in the same, or smaller case. My Ultra case is designed for ruggedness, so I don’t think they can put a bigger display in without a redesign.

Exact same vision issues for me with ocular hypertension thrown in as an added bonus. Same opinion about the current Apple Watch designs. I just updated my stainless steel with sapphire crystal cellular Series 5 with a new battery (they actually give you a full replacement watch) for around $100 USD and it’s working like a champ for what I use it for. With the Autosleep app it’s an absolute game changer for sleep monitoring. I believe the battery replacement option makes a lot more sense for the stainless steel + sapphire models because they cost more upfront and still look great for years to come. Of course Apple will limit how far back they go (series wise) for battery replacements.

That said, an Apple Watch upgrade is going to be my next Apple purchase. I’m just waiting to see what’s on the fall agenda before I make the jump. I really like the current Ultra design and configuration. To me it’s a no brainer upgrade over the Series 9. Once you option up the Series 9 it’s only $50 USD less than the Ultra. One click purchase. Unless the Series 10 design is an improvement over the Ultra I think the next series Ultra will be my pick. I’ll still have my like-new Series 5 if I need a less bulky watch or maybe I’ll use it exclusively for sleep monitoring, unless of course the new Ultra has additional sensors that improve the sleep monitoring capabilities.

As far as biggy sized watches go, even the Apple Watch Ultra is a twiggy compared to the fancy rich-bro (or rich-bro knockoff) watches that have been around for many years. Nothing quite says “I have way too much money” than a hockey puck sized, high end wristwatch, or more accurately arm watch. You’ll have to buy a counterweight for your other arm to maintain your balance.
    Watches keep getting larger. One of the first really large watch brands came from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Those were 16mm thick and 52mm diameter. Not even the biggest these days. 
    watto_cobra