Quicktime Pro needed to encode ACC?

mjemje
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Can't encode in ACC because it says I need QT Pro. That sucks majorly! I mean its iTunes, not iTunes and quicktime. If anyone knows a [legal] work around to be able to rip in ACC w/o the key (i.e. use the alagerythm (sp) indepdently) i would sure like to save the 30 bucks (only woudl use it for that feature)

Thanks

-MJE

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    no you need QT6.2 which you can get here
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    I tried to install it, and it wont let me because I don't have a #, it says that I can not enter a number and enter it later, and hit cont. but it won't let me.....
  • Reply 3 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Hm, something funnky with that. Is it bringing up the QT Pro registration screen in the installer? I didn't see anything like that. Did you download it from the Quicktime System Preference pane and not the stand-alone installer?

BTW, it's AAC, Advanced Audio Codec, not ACC, Atlantic Coast Conference.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Oops AAC... No I tried Software update, and the standalone and it keeps bringing it up, Its really annyoning, I don't know what to do. I'm gonna try restarting, and uninstalling QT. Why didn't they just add it w/ iTunes 4?!?!

-wishing myself luck

-mje
  • Reply 5 of 9
  • Reply 6 of 9
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Don't fill in your name or organization. Leave all those fields blank and hit continue
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

Don't fill in your name or organization. Leave all those fields blank and hit continue

Sweet thanks man, now to start re-ripping my songs
  • Reply 8 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Willoughby = smart.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    That screen came up for me to, but it said ignore and continue. I did and everything is fine.