Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 365
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    What's the port? So I can configure my firewall...

I've got a few thousand to share...

I'm forwarding port 3689, though I think that is for Rendezvous specifically.

• Reply 22 of 365
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frawgz

Damnit I want the Ducktales theme now.

I'd share my library, but I'm behind a firewall \

Yes, yes, down with the walls! Our paranoid sysadmins won't even let me through to FTP and SMTP, not to mention anything else. Damn! I'm going maaaaaad!!!
  • Reply 23 of 365
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Murbot, when I finally have a real internet conncetion (and not some ghetto hookup in the uni comp lab), I will be connecting to your music library often! Good stuff!
  • Reply 24 of 365
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i'll post mine when i get home, its gonna be interesting to see the different types of music people have

mine is extremely diverse from all family members

rap-->pop

oldies--> hippy music

classical -->odd shit
  • Reply 25 of 365
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    This is SOOOO cool!

Sadly enough, I think virtually noone here has the bandwidth to cope with this: 128kbit upstream or more, PER USER, not counting the upstream that you have whily browsing and stuff...

I mean, I have only 128 kbit upstream with plenty of downstream.

Still, this is amazing stuff.
  • Reply 26 of 365
    Uh, all except for murbot. Instant access, instant gratification when pushing play. Them Canucks know their way around the ole keyboard!
  • Reply 27 of 365
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Heh, I left it running at home for you guys. Can't you just feel the love?

• Reply 28 of 365
    I am just perplexed. I'm listening to a song served up to me by that lovely iMac on that gray desk I've seen so often with all those different comps. 10.000 miles from here, a mac is dedicating some processor cycles to ME!

I cannot believe this. I CAN'T!
  • Reply 29 of 365
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i will look for my IP address when i get home tonight...i am using airport...anyway around that??

will have to update my iTunes...some good stuff there, but also lots of the kids stuff....i have about 500 plus cds that i could start downloading though....and all the albums that i want to download from my college days that i didn't sell...a few hundred there....g
  • Reply 30 of 365
    I'd really like to be able to drag 'n drop too though. Drag some of murbot's tunes right to my desktop. Now wouldn't thát be schweet! Audiohijack in the meantime. I wonder how long before some nifty hack for this turns up.
  • Reply 31 of 365
    AUdiohijack? Does it keep the format? Like if I listen to 128kb/s mp3 streamed music it stores it as 128 kb/s mp3?
  • Reply 32 of 365
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Here's me: 24.125.32.89. Over 7 days' worth of 192 Kbps mp3s.

I've discovered that I can't share the AAC tracks I bought yesterday. I didn't think that would be the case...
  • Reply 33 of 365
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Heh, I left it running at home for you guys. Can't you just feel the love?

i don't know about anyone else, but all i get is a direct feed to PBSKids.com when i link to murbot's computer...i have been drawing dragons all day long....g
  • Reply 34 of 365
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    When you buy MP3's and AAC, what's the bit rate at which they are supplied? I would guess at least 320 for each, NO?

PS, I thought that AAC went up to 448, but mebbe not.

Burning CD's from these tracks isn't going to provide the greatest sound I'm afraid.
  • Reply 35 of 365

Feel The Love.
  • Reply 36 of 365
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

i will look for my IP address when i get home tonight...i am using airport...anyway around that??

will have to update my iTunes...some good stuff there, but also lots of the kids stuff....i have about 500 plus cds that i could start downloading though....and all the albums that i want to download from my college days that i didn't sell...a few hundred there....g

It's a little complicated because you need to set up port mapping. Are you using a real ABS or a software ABS? If you have a software one, I have NO idea how to do it. If you have a hardware one, it's a little easier.

Go to the Airport Admin Util and go over to port mapping.

In that pane, enter an ip address above 10.0.1.50 (I think) and below 10.0.1.255. I usually use x.x.x.201.

Then tell it the port number you want opened on for the public and what port you want that mapped to on your computer. I'm not sure what the rendezvous port is. It might be 3689.

Once you've done that, hit apply and then go to your system preferences.

In the system preferences, go over to the network pane and choose airport. And tell it to manually get an ip address. In the fields below, enter the same IP address you opened the port on. Enter your ABS's local ip (usually 10.0.1.1) for the router and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet. (Actually, check to see what values are in the router and subnet before you change it to manually getting an IP address because they'll be the same.)

That's it. It's not easy and I don't guarantee that it'll work for any number of reasons. But give it a try.
  • Reply 37 of 365
    23 GBs of all kinds of music:

Cheers,

Dan
  • Reply 38 of 365
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Speaking of streaming, anyone know how to know what files are being streamed? Lsof only tells me who is connected...
  • Reply 39 of 365
    holy crap murbot, what kind of freaking connection do you have? It's bloody faster the Music Store.
  • Reply 40 of 365
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    This could be a great Konfabulator Widget - a little window that tells you how many people are connected, the bits going out, maximum people connected at once, etc, etc.

Hmm...

Just a cable connection for me, but I do seem to have crazy upload speeds at times. *shrug*