iPod Games

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was very excited yesterday to read that there were new games for the ipod. but, does anyone know how/where i can get them? they dont seem to be part of the ipod software update (1.3). its my fear that they are only for the new 'pods, but i can't really imagine that they are that different that the games aren't transferrable. anyone got the low-down?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    My guess is that they are only for the new iPods, but I'm not going to jump either way until someone's actually got on it their hand and can tell us: I can't think off the top of my head why this should be so, and it's just possible we'll get another software update.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    there's the SLIGHT possibility that the new stuff won't all fit into the older iPod's firmware... i don't know quite enough about the internal workings of the iPods to make a value judgement on that. just a possibility.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Actually, I did think of a justification: maybe they don't want 5 giggers to lose too much space to extraneous non-core bumph?

Or just want you to buy a new iPod.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i sent apple a feedback relating to the supposed games, and i noticed on their form that one of the options for ipod software version was 2.0. that seemed dubious, since 1.3 is the one i just got yesterday. maybe 2.0 is where the games are hidden. *holds breathe*
  • Reply 5 of 7
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    maybe Solitaire and Parachute require the use of the new buttons
  • Reply 6 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

Actually, I did think of a justification: maybe they don't want 5 giggers to lose too much space to extraneous non-core bumph?

Or just want you to buy a new iPod.

How big could the games be? Maybe 50k or something? It's the latter.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

maybe Solitaire and Parachute require the use of the new buttons

there are no new buttons... there is NO GOOD REASON to hold back the extra 2 games.... I REALLLY want the features too, but what can you do.... ON-THE-GO playlists are huge...