How much have you spent in the iTunes Music Store?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have spent $11.88 +tx (so far)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 51
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    one cd (9.99) and one song (.99)....

burned them to a cd for the kids

g
  • Reply 2 of 51
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i will purchase something 2night...fathers permission pending of course
  • Reply 3 of 51
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I was going to buy some soothing tunes to help the sled dogs sleep through the cold nights when the wind is howling... but alas, no luck for the Canuck.

• Reply 4 of 51
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    P.S. This poll will close in 20 days and I will start a new one. I think it will be interesting to see how this progresses. If it is ok I'd like to make this a monthly thread with a new poll each month...

Oh and can a mod edit the 5th option so it says "I am using it extensively. Over $20 but under $200" Thanks.

Thanks Murbot!
  • Reply 5 of 51
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    $2.11 (including tax) for two songs.
  • Reply 6 of 51
    I chose "I have access to the store and have chosen not to use it. $0" as the closest to my situation. The wording is a bit off for me. Basically, I plan to purchase, I just haven't gotten around to it yet (it's very new still). "Chosen not to use it," makes it sound like I'm some sort of consciencious objector or something.
  • Reply 7 of 51
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

Thanks Amorph! (I assume it was you and not Murbot.)

Jeez, do a guy a favor....

• Reply 8 of 51
    I can't begin to fathom how much dough I'd spend on that baby if I didn't live in Europe...

It's just shagadelic!
  • Reply 9 of 51
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    $9.99 for a 12 song Ella Fitzgerald CD. (Plus .60 tax). It's $18.98 at Amazon.com!
  • Reply 10 of 51
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    $9.99 for rusted root - remember
  • Reply 11 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whyatt Thrash

I can't begin to fathom how much dough I'd spend on that baby if I didn't live in Europe...

It's just shagadelic!

I live in Japan but also have a USA address, USA CC as well as registered with Apple under the US address. In spite of this, I was surprised but I was able to DL a song. (I was just trying the Store out.)

In the past, Under OS 9 and before, If I tried to DL an upgrade such as QT or something else from Apple, Somehow it detected my Japan server and usually gave me a Japanese version even if I asked for English.

Anyway, I am happy with the results and the ability to get some OLDIES. Wife is going to be happy on mothers day as daughters will make her a great CD.
  • Reply 12 of 51
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    The same poll at Mac Os X Hints. So far:

Quote:

None, because I'm outside the USA\t 121 30.8%

None, due to personal choice\t 70 17.8%

Less than 5\t 51 13.0%

10 - 19\t 44 11.2%

5 - 9\t 42 10.7%

None, due to Acquisition et al\t 24 6.1%

20 - 29\t 24 6.1%

30 - 39\t 7 1.8%

100 or more!\t 7 1.8%

40 - 49\t 2 0.5%

50 - 99\t 1 0.3%

So, 48.6% of users are out. Frankly, I did not expect it.
  • Reply 13 of 51
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    If you are going to buy the actual CD...why not go to a store and get it? I mean 1 you can get it cheaper and 2 you get the cover art and booklet with a case etc, original artwork and what have you. I just dont see the point of paying to download a CD.
  • Reply 14 of 51
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well most CDs in stores cost $15, or at least more than $10. Some don't, of course.

I think the real benefit of this system is to get individual tracks without having to buy the whole CD. I've bought an entire CD more than once to find that I only like one or two of the songs on it... so basically I wasted my money on it, unless I really liked those songs. At $1 a pop with a lot of convenience, it's a good way to fill out my music collection a bit, replace crappy old tracks with new ones, etc. It's probably not economical enough to build an entire music collection this way... mine will always be centered around my MP3-encoded CDs.
  • Reply 15 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

If you are going to buy the actual CD...why not go to a store and get it? I mean 1 you can get it cheaper and 2 you get the cover art and booklet with a case etc, original artwork and what have you. I just dont see the point of paying to download a CD.

If you were replying to my post above Costiques above, You will have to note where I am posting from. I did mention living in Japan.

Lets see: Oldies: Percy Faith spelled Percy Face; others just as hilarious; What is licensed for some countries are not always the same as what is available in the US. I really don't care for the cover art. MANY that I or my wife would like to have from our music generation (late 50's and 60's) just not available here. Maybe one or two Large stores "might" have them in a town of 10 million, but at a cost of $20.00 per trip per person from about 15 miles away - costs too much.

Lots cheaper to download. Wife likes ballads; why buy a CD when you only want 2 or 3 songs from different Artists. A history lesson: We grew up in a generation that had "singles" and we could purchase singles for a dollar anyway. Purchasing singles - ah . . . the good old days again. Only we can also make our CD that contains what WE want.

Please don't be so presumtious to assume that what fits one will fit all. The iTunes store might not make sense to you but it sure does to many.

In the beginning, MANY people said similar things about Online stores. Why buy online when you can go locally - which for many will not be cheaper nor have the variety.

Hank Lee

Osaka, Japan
  • Reply 16 of 51
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    I hope the iTunes Music Store will be availiable outside the US. Unlike the whole iPhoto-thing..
  • Reply 17 of 51
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    <anti-american rant> %¤&¤/¤(¤(¤!!!/%))/(!!!! </anti-american rant>

how do I obtain a US adresse? This is just horrible.
  • Reply 18 of 51
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    99¢ + tax just to try it out.

I bought Eminem's Cleaning Out My Closet ... I should have bought something by Englebert Humperdink!
  • Reply 19 of 51
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    You forgot to add the following to the poll:

"I'm a loser and still use OS 9, so I'm not eligible. $0"
  • Reply 20 of 51
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

[Bhow do I obtain a US adresse? This is just horrible. [/B]

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!

<buon waves across the big pond>