BBQ'd Bicep

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
the mentality of eating another human aside, how many of you think that a BBQ'd bicep would taste delicious?

i do, i mean its pure meat, its alot of it

it is sick to think that its human (which is why i wouldn't do it of course) but well come on it would probably taste good

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Sorry, not a fan of cannibalism.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Probably a bit tough, and I'm sure human meat is pretty salty. But....anything's good BBQ'd!

Given a choice though, I'd probably go for a nice piece of ass meat. Anybody seen CoD around?
  • Reply 3 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Man, I thought you started silly topics in General Discussion. Now we're onto eating human meat.

• Reply 4 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Man, I thought you started silly topics in General Discussion. Now we're onto eating human meat.

haha just a discussion that came up 2day...thought i'd see what people think

*i am by no way condoning the eating of humans

other animals yes though
  • Reply 5 of 17
    haha see most people agree with me (those that weren't too freaked out to vote haha)
  • Reply 6 of 17
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I wouldn't eat it... health reasons. Cannibalism leads to CJD, the human equivalent of Mad Cow Disease. However, it's much more likely if you eat the brain or spinal cord rather than just meat. I'd only eat human meat if I was going to starve to death otherwise... and even then I think it would be really hard to do.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

I wouldn't eat it... health reasons. Cannibalism leads to CJD, the human equivalent of Mad Cow Disease. However, it's much more likely if you eat the brain or spinal cord rather than just meat. I'd only eat human meat if I was going to starve to death otherwise... and even then I think it would be really hard to do.

you get that even when cooked?

it would be hard because of the mentality of "its a human so its different" and i agree, but TRY and put taht aside and look at it as just a hunk of meet
  • Reply 8 of 17
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Yes, I've been studying food safety a lot in college, and one thing that makes spongiform encephalopathies (Mad Cow, CJD, etc) so dangerous is that they are actually caused by deformed proteins called Prions. They've burned them to ashes, radiated them, buried them underground, frozen them, used every antiseptic out there, and they STILL come back. There was one research facility where some deer infected with Chronic Wasting Disease (the version of the disease that affects members of the deer family) were kept in pens. After the deer died, they cleared out the whole facility, replaced the bedding, washed the whole thing down real well with all sorts of detox equipment, and then some healthy deer they brought in six months later got the disease upon being put in the pens.

It's not likely that you'll get it from eating an animal that was infected with it, although it is possible. People in England who ate cows infected with Mad Cow Disease usually didn't develop any problems, but some did. It's much more likely when there's cannibalism involved. That's how it spread through the cattle populations in England. That's also how it spread through a tribe in New Guinea - they ritualistically ate their dead, and members of the tribe started getting the disease.

EDIT: If it were just a hunk of meat someone put on my plate, and I had no idea, I guess I might eat it without knowing... but it would probably taste very weird as soon as I tried it, and I wouldn't want any more. Probably quite stringy and tough. And if I knew it was from a person... then I already said, I'd only eat it if my other option was to starve to death.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Yes, the prions that cause CJD survive cooking level temperatures easily.

The circumstances under which I might eat human meat would have to be extremely dire. Now that that's out of the way, human meat probably has a distinct flavour (guessing here :eek: ) like any other animal's meat, which can't be helpful if you're trying not to think about it being human.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    hmmm...never knew it was so dangerous like that

guess i'll have to think twice before coming a cannibal
  • Reply 11 of 17
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    If you stick to prime cuts, rather than nervous system/brain material, you'd probably be OK.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    If you are interested by the question, ask the surviving people of the rugby team who crashed in airplane accident in mountains some decades ago. In order to survive, they have to eat human flesh.

I wonder if they have answered this question. I bet that they won't answer it.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    I don't know where I read this, but, apparently, human flesh does not taste good at all.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spotcatbug

I don't know where I read this, but, apparently, human flesh does not taste good at all.

somebody has to do this

uh, huh, "read"... been shoppin' for food at the morgue, eh?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

If you stick to prime cuts, rather than nervous system/brain material, you'd probably be OK.

how would you "butcher" a human to avoid the nervous system?

anyhow, people eating is not good.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by spotcatbug

i think skin would taste horrible, but muscle would taste good i bet (it may taste bad if u know ur eating a human)
  • Reply 17 of 17
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

i think skin would taste horrible, but muscle would taste good i bet (it may taste bad if u know ur eating a human)

OK that's thread has lasting enough time. I am not interested to know if the skin taste better than the muscle, the liver, the brain or whatever.

This thread is closed.