New Wide-Screen 17" LCDs Soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Looks like the current 17" LCD has been EOL'd:

http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers...ves/000062.php

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    By golly, I'd bet my bottom dollar on the accuracy of Macwhispers!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

By golly, I'd bet my bottom dollar on the accuracy of Macwhispers!

Say what you will but they have some good sources (better than most) - They had info on the dual-usb-fw cable LONG AGO. Nobody (including them) had any idea what product it was for (now we all know it was the new iPod) but they had enough balls to admit they didn't know and still report on the info.

I'll take info from MacWhispers over loop rumors or spymac anyday.

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Calling Spymac a rumorsite is an insult to rumorsites. And looprumors i used to trust, but after the Bluetooth mouse/harddrive/PDA/ did I tell you that it is also a cellphone? prediction, I have lost my faith. Thinksecret is the best.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    MacWhispers nailed the USB/FW cable months ago. Also, rumors are rumors, they are not fact. They are passing along info, they receive from people. After getting burned they will filter down who is reliable and who is not. Give them a shot, they get info in peices and it's hard to connect the dots.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    Wake me up when I can get a titanim looking 23 inch or 30 inch Apple cinema display...

G'Nite
  • Reply 6 of 8
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    i recall hearing/reading that the current iMac arm could support anything up to a 19" LCD without rebalancing

can't recall the reference document, but an engineer/tech agreed
  • Reply 7 of 8
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    So mebbe, with an ultra light Al bezel, an iMac arm could take the 20" ACD panel?

Ah 20" PPC970 iMac, 1999. Yes please. Mebbe by next year? Just in time for my next mac purchase? (provided PPC daughtercard and AGP slot expansion, mebbe not then, too bad.)
  • Reply 8 of 8
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    If this is true I can't wait. been playing with a 17' power book and it is so sleek & smooth and barely "warm" heat wise.......

Way to go