a subject of life and death import:

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
PIZZA TOPPINGS.

YOUR Favorites.

I'm asking because i want to brag that I'm munching some shitake mushroom pizza right now. It's delicious.

Pre-emptive reply to Hassan: Where's the polenta, spinach, exotic thai noodles, and other twatty foods?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 52
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

PIZZA TOPPINGS.

YOUR Favorites.

I'm asking because i want to brag that I'm munching some shitake mushroom pizza right now. It's delicious.

Pre-emptive reply to Hassan: Where's the polenta, spinach, exotic thai noodles, and other twatty foods?

pinapple and pepperone
  • Reply 2 of 52
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    feta, artichoke hearts and whole roasted garlic. Yum.
  • Reply 3 of 52
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    SMOG is always good.

"Greek" is good too. Feta, olives, tomato slices and sausage if you like.

Last night I has grilled chicken, pesto, artichoke ect. Good.
  • Reply 4 of 52
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

feta, artichoke hearts and whole roasted garlic. Yum.

Great minds ....
  • Reply 5 of 52
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Chunks of fresh peeled tomatoes (not sauce), fresh mozzarella cheese made from buffalo's milk, and basil from the garden. On a hand-made crust and cooked in a brick oven with a wood fire.
  • Reply 6 of 52
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i've always preferred flanders-style: plain pizza. occassionally pepperoni, but not often. sometimes when i cook it myself though, i through in some herb from my personal stash; weed is good on everything.
  • Reply 7 of 52
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    There is a little bar/pizza joint thing in Nashville (near Vanderbilt) called - of all things - Jonathan's. When I lived there a few years ago, I became addicted to their grilled chicken/roasted garlic pizzas.

And in Carlsbad, near the PCH, there is a cool pizza place and I'd always get their shrimp pizzas! Oh man. Those were the only two places I'd ever eat what you'd call an "exotic" sort of pizza.

When I order from Papa John's or Domino's, 90% of the time it's boring ol' pepperoni or Canadian bacon with pineapple.

But I'm not a big pizza person: I MIGHT eat 3-4 a year.
  • Reply 8 of 52
    of late, i'm digging the calzones, so technically there's no topping... it's all middle
  • Reply 9 of 52
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Bring back Pizza da Hutt
  • Reply 10 of 52
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

PIZZA TOPPINGS.

YOUR Favorites.

Polenta, I like that stuff. Never knew it existed until my father asked what me and my girlfriend wanted at Thanksgiving Dinner instead of stuffing because they were putting meat in it. I didn't know what to tell him, but we arrived for dinner and there was Polenta.

My favorite pizza; black olives, mushrooms, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and tomato slices.
  • Reply 11 of 52
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Extra Cheese and Anchovies.

Yum.

You can put other stuff on there too, but it's not the same without the anchovies.
  • Reply 12 of 52
    Hot Wing Pizza!
  • Reply 13 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Hot Wing Pizza!

That's very neo-macho of you.

Just kidding.

Acutally, try putting jerk seasoning on your pizza. Any kinda pizza will do, as you can't taste anything else once you've put a decent amount of it on.

Now *that's* good.
  • Reply 14 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

That's very neo-macho of you.

Just kidding.

Acutally, try putting jerk seasoning on your pizza. Any kinda pizza will do, as you can't taste anything else once you've put a decent amount of it on.

Now *that's* good.

*Flexes.....finds nothing there*

Now that I think of it, Old Forge Pizza is pretty famous around here... It's just a small town with like 20 pizza places of a distinctive taste. I guess you just have to experience it.
  • Reply 15 of 52
    Quote:

Now that I think of it, Old Forge Pizza is pretty famous around here... It's just a small town with like 20 pizza places of a distinctive taste. I guess you just have to experience it.

Don't be sad.

If you have a handy restaurant that serves amazingly good hot wings, just skip the pizza. All that boring crust taking up valuable stomach space isn't for me.

If the wings are good* enough, you'll need that stomach space available for soothing, cold, mugs of beer.

*(ridiculously hot)
  • Reply 16 of 52
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Old Forge? Old Forge, New York?
  • Reply 17 of 52
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Meatball from Joe's in Brick (or was it Manasquan?) New Jersey.

I still have trouble eating at the local Pizza Hut and Godfathers. It totally spoiled me!

Dang, I wish my sister still lived out there.

Jeff
  • Reply 18 of 52
    I second the nomination of basil. Fresh basil with some mushrooms is a good start. Perhaps a crust with a little hint of sourdough and a sauce that is less sugary than what one typically fines in Americanized pizza. Red onions are nice as well. Beyond that, anything that will expedite my impending coronary explosion will suffice.
  • Reply 19 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Old Forge? Old Forge, New York?

Pennsylvania. It's really good.
  • Reply 20 of 52
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Canadian bacon & pineapple on thin crust. BING!