Streaming Quicktime...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is there anything I can do to get streaming Quicktime to work smoothly? I have the latest version of Quicktime, 768MB or SDRAM in my 933 G4 and a GeForce 4 MX. I can't understand why I can never get it to work smooth if at all. I'm trying to watch the music event from apple.com/quicktime and it's just impossible. Can I somehow tweek the settings for this to work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I think it mainly depends on your internet connection speed. Try going into the QuickTime section of the System Preferences and turn off the "Instant-On Streaming" option.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    Nope, still no dice.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Damn... well, what kind of connection do you have?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I have Comcast Digital Cable. I just tested my bandwidth at cnet.com's internet services site and I got 1031 Kbps in the test...

EDIT: I'm using a direct land connection also. *no wirelessness*
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mavstermavster Posts: 51member
    see if you have the 3ivx quicktime component in /Library/Quicktime or ~/Library/Quicktime.. if so, take it out.. I think it hijacks the qt stream instead of allowing Quicktime to use mp4..
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Thanks mavster! That's exactly what the problem was! Thanks everyone else for your help also.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wolfeye155

I have Comcast Digital Cable. I just tested my bandwidth at cnet.com's internet services site and I got 1031 Kbps in the test...

EDIT: I'm using a direct land connection also. *no wirelessness*

WOW! I got 1882_kbps COX CABLE OWNZ!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Yeh Comcast sucks the big one...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wolfeye155

Yeh Comcast sucks the big one...

Really? Having problems up there in Michigan ahh.. How much is your bill? Totally off topic, but I pay $50.00 a month, and I don't know what I'd do without a cable modem. I think it's way worth it.

Back on topic here:

Although. You should get a good stream with what you have now. I have no idea why your not getting a decent stream. Do you get slow downloads from Apple too? What about the iTunes music store; have you downloaded a whole CD yet, and how long did that take, what about downloading apples movie site? Need more info here.

BTW, I have the 3dvix plugin on my G4, and I have never had a problem.