Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?

Comments

• Reply 181 of 365
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    okey dokey

g
  • Reply 182 of 365
    sorry boys...my screen won't stay asleep...one of you bastards keeps waking it up

so i am heading to la la land....and so is thegelding's computer

g
  • Reply 183 of 365
    Question for y'all: I want to have my firewall turned on, but if it's on my music isn't available to others (at least not via Rendezvous, that's all I have confirmation of). How do I set up the firewall to allow iTunes sharing? (over Rendezvous and IP)

Oh, that reminds me, if you load up my library, you'll notice it's called Rendezvous's Music. I actually had the nickname Rendezvous and was using it as my computer's name before Apple ever announced their networking technology. It derives from my last name. Just so's y'all know that. Cause I can see where that might strike some people as a but odd.
  • Reply 184 of 365
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Check it out. RendezWho

A Konfab .widget to display a list of all users connected to your iTunes4 Library.

Quote:

RendezWho is a widget designed to let you see at a glance who is accessing your iTunes 4 music library via Rendezvous. It displays all connected users, either by their IP address, host name, or iTunes library name (if any).

Linky.

• Reply 185 of 365
  • Reply 186 of 365
    doyaldoyal Posts: 72member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

So you only sort of read my posts about how to do this, eh? I said you wouldn't be able to access your music locally this way, but the outside world would. It's really complicated to explain why a computer on your local network can't use your IP address to connect and you could get around it if you had the patience to set up your own DNS server but that's complete overkill. You other computers oughta be able to access it by using your computer's rendezvous name (seen in the sharing tab).

i read it pretty carefully but I screwed something up on my end. Everything is working great now. Thanks again your the only person that I found that posted the information I needed.
  • Reply 187 of 365
    Is there a way to "bookmark" shared libraries of other users so I don't have to remember all of the different IP addresses?
  • Reply 188 of 365
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Doesn't work... 12:00am
  • Reply 189 of 365
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

You gave Walk this Way 5 stars.

Thanks for the Dylan though.

i have no excuse for my incompetence. i humbly apologize for the aerosmith. actually, i think i turned off most aerosmith, cuz i cant stand them anymore. i'm surprised that one slipped through the cracks.

and if your into dylan, you should really checkout Dimestore Medicine. its a really fantastic album. many of the songs are just inspiring, and some are only half done, but its really great stuff. Some of the tracks are just like other songs he's done, but with slight lyric changes, and alternate titles. Also, theres a pretty funny interview tied onto the end of one of the long tracks on that album.

-

also, i am ashamed for the AI community. i checked out several of your libraries yesterday, and I couldn't find any Grateful Dead. have you people been living in some kind of box? was it cardboard?

for shame!
  • Reply 190 of 365
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SteinKoBe88

Is there a way to "bookmark" shared libraries of other users so I don't have to remember all of the different IP addresses?

So far you can use my vCards.

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/F...Sharing16.html
  • Reply 191 of 365
    sledgehammersledgehammer Posts: 505member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

*snip*

i am ashamed for the AI community. i checked out several of your libraries yesterday, and I couldn't find any Grateful Dead. have you people been living in some kind of box? was it cardboard?

for shame!

I've got All of American Beauty and Best of Skeletons From the Closet. I have a Grateful Dead mix CD that maybe I'll rip, I've kind of been meaningto do that anyway. I also have a recording of the Other Ones concert I went to in Philly in November, but that's on 3 CD's so I don't know if I'll be ripping that, I'll think about it though. My Library link is in my sig.
  • Reply 192 of 365
    ps...thegelding iTunes will be up everynight from 7pm to midnight (mountain time)...other than that, it will be hit or miss (just like my song list)....will try to add at least a cd or two each day till i get all 5 or 6 hundred in (plus the couple of hundred of the kids and holiday music that i don't consider part of MY collection...hell the kids could pass me up in ownership in a couple of years if i don't pay attention)...when i get them all in, boy will that be an all over the place iTunes collection (Jazz, Blues, Pop, Punk, Rock....basically everything except country....hell i guess i have that too with george jones and hank williams sr and patsy cline and such...just no real modern or pop country)

g

i will load a bunch while working on an iMovie project...brad is teaching me the fine art of multi-tasking the whole, "teaching a very old dog new tricks" theme...but when i iChat, listen and load tunes, work on an iMovie and surf the web trying to keep up with AI rumours and such, boy does my head hurt...and now i also have to check the applemusic site each day to see what new cds they have added....it is gonna feel like i have a tumor in my melon soon...

going in tonight:

Van Morrison--Moondance

Parliament--The Clones of Dr, Funkenstein

John Hiatt--Slugline

Meat Puppets ll

The Beatles--Past Masters vol 2

Thelonious Monk--Alone in San Fransicso

The Clash--London Calling (the best punk album ever)

Art Blakey--Jazz Messengers

Abba--Gold

Elvis Costello--Girls Girls Girls

Miles Davis--Bitches Brew

The Beatles--Revolver (maybe the best album ever)

Elvis Costello--Get Happy

Thelonious Monk--The best of the blue note years

Freedy Johnson--Perfect World

Garbage--Version 2.0

these are just some i keep at work that i am taking back home to load into iTunes

if i do this many each night i might get done in a month or two

then it is the vinyl lps to do next, but that is more cumbersome at the stereo is in the living room and the computer is in the computer room....guess i could lug my iMac into the living room for a week or two...maybe i should put in for some time off work...

g

any request for future adding to my tunes??
  • Reply 193 of 365
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    Someone recommended notifying someone via iChat if you are browsing they're tunes. Any good ways to identify iChat identities?
  • Reply 194 of 365
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
  • Reply 195 of 365
    g'rat!!! good to see you...will look at your tunes tonight....how are things in austin?? getting ready for summer break??

g
  • Reply 196 of 365
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    "break".

I'll be working over the summer, unfortunately.
  • Reply 197 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Doesn't work... 12:00am

Fixed it. Seeming to stall and rebuffer for other people constantly though...
  • Reply 198 of 365
    Has onyone got this to work with thier airport?

again, my IP is: 68.147.41.74

I have over 20gigs ready to share..

I hope to get this working so everyone can enjoy this huge source of hand picked hits.

flick.

oh chic4mac I'm not even sure if I have this working yet.. I'll keep you posted.
  • Reply 199 of 365
    chic4macchic4mac Posts: 99member
    FLick, I would need step by step instructions on how to share. I don't have any airport card..assuming I don't need that. Just a DSL connection, a linksys router that networks to macs (imac 500 and emac 700)

if you want to tell me how to share music, I would gladly take your 20 gigs, and you can have my 2
  • Reply 200 of 365
    So is there a PC program which can 'tune in' to these daap things? I'd like to listen to my home music collection from the office.