Help, 10.2.5 update doesn't work

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I decided to back up everything and reinstall OS X today, eliminating my partitions. It'll be OS X only on my internal drive, and OS 9 will be on my external drive only. Anyway, I was all psyched about this, but when I go to install the 10.2.5 update, it ran into an error. I thought it was because I had started installing other stuff, so I redid everything, wiped the drive again, and installed 10.2.1 from my CD, this time making sure the FIRST thing I did was to install the 10.2.5 update before anything else. Well guess what? No dice. It had an error and refused to install. So... what's the freaking deal? Am I not allowed to install 10.2.5? I need a later version of 10.2 for some things - I believe iTunes 4 requires 10.2.4 or later. Anyway, I only have the 10.2.5 updater on my hard drive so that's my only option. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I don't know how to fix it, but I feel your pain .
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I got it to work by first installing the 10.2.3 combo update (worked!) and then using SW Update to install 10.2.5. I had originally planned on downloading each individual updater and maybe that would work, but the way I did it worked anyway so hooray! I will now move my discussion of the subject to CosmoNut's post because I'm not having problems anymore.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'll try that route (installing 10.2.3) and see if I can get both machines up to date. Glad to see it worked for you! Hopefully I'll have the same luck. \