iPod shipment notification

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got notified via email that my iPod was shipped out today via Airborne Express. So I assume most who ordered earlier this week will get their iPods tomorrow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    vaultingatvaultingat Posts: 76member
    i got my notification as well, but i just asked for regular shipment. Does that mean my ipod won't come until monday. does their "have your ipod by friday afternoon" deal only apply for people who order next day delivery? i'm sorry if i sound silly, i'm just excited for my first ipod.

~felipe
  • Reply 2 of 18
    slotracer152slotracer152 Posts: 207member
    so I tried to track mine...but the number they gave me is too long for Airborne Ex.... \

my first iPod as well...I am still a relative newbie to macs
  • Reply 3 of 18
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    Me too!
  • Reply 4 of 18
    tismfutismfu Posts: 76member
    The Airborne Express shipping was free... some promotion on apple.com.

For tracking your package, the field is too short on Safari for it to work properly. It works on Windows. But you just have to enter it, get the error message, and enter it again in one of the two fields it gives you... they are big enough to read the number as one number and not two.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    spikespike Posts: 20member
    I got my shipment confirmation yesterday. I chose the 2 day shipping and they sent it via FedEx. I doubt it'll arrive today though, maybe tomorrow, if FedEx delivers on saturdays.

Hope I don't have to wait until Monday, especially since I could have gone to my local Apple store and picked one up tonight. This will be my first iPod, only 10 gigs which is plenty, but now I think I should have gone for the 15 and gotten all the accessories. I'll probably end up buying them eventually anyway (maybe not the dock).
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by tismfu

The Airborne Express shipping was free... some promotion on apple.com.

For tracking your package, the field is too short on Safari for it to work properly. It works on Windows. But you just have to enter it, get the error message, and enter it again in one of the two fields it gives you... they are big enough to read the number as one number and not two.

thanks...I got it to work on the second screen

it says its out for delivery....rock on!!
  • Reply 7 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slotracer152

thanks...I got it to work on the second screen

it says its out for delivery....rock on!!

Yeah, Jobs promised people who ordered on Monday 9and even Tuesday) would get theirs today. I originally ordered from the Apple Store, but couldn't pass up the savings from Dell Home...so it's the waiting game for me.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    My mother just called and told me that there was a package from Apple at their house...I'm going to have to hold off though or I will never get this school work done
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Mine came about an hour ago.

Apple came through on their promise. Thanks SJ.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Yeah, Jobs promised people who ordered on Monday 9and even Tuesday) would get theirs today.

Not for me apparently. Looks like monday at the earliest. I was looking forward to playing with it this weekend.

Darn.

• Reply 11 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spike

Not for me apparently. Looks like monday at the earliest. I was looking forward to playing with it this weekend.

Darn.

When, and from which store did you order? Edu, Biz, Dev, Gov?
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

When, and from which store did you order? Edu, Biz, Dev, Gov?

When was Monday.

Which store? Don't understand the question. I ordered it on Apples web site.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    slotracer152slotracer152 Posts: 207member
    one word, two syllables: baddass
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Airborne screwed up, mine should have been here today, won't get it till monday. \

apple did refund my overnight shipping though
  • Reply 15 of 18
    FYI, I ordered mine via the education store.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    vaultingatvaultingat Posts: 76member
    my edu 15gb got here today as well. excellent thus far.

~felipe
  • Reply 17 of 18
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
  • Reply 18 of 18
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Mine came today at 11:55 via Airborne, so it did arrive by noon on Friday as Airborne promised.

I had it shipped to Florida as I'm here for the weekend, I'm surprised it was shipped from Elk Grove CA, as some had posted that there iPods shipped from PA.

The funny thing is I stopped into an Apple Store here today and they told me the iPods would not be available for sale until after 6PM tonight, during their event.