iTMS: Who's missing?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Other than big names like Madonna and holdouts from the TRL pop bust, who are you missing from the iTunes Music Store?

I've requested:

Pedro the Lion

Nickel Creek

Glen Phillips

Dashboard Confessional

The All-American Rejects

The Foo Fighters

... and probably some others I can't remember.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    White Stripes
  • Reply 2 of 37
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    The Beatles.
  • Reply 3 of 37
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    ani difranco
  • Reply 4 of 37
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    Weird Al Yankovic

Blue Man Group
  • Reply 5 of 37
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    BT, ATB...
  • Reply 6 of 37
    I'm surprised to see Metallica not on there

I was actually going to buy the new White Stripes CD...but it wasn't on there
  • Reply 7 of 37
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Not enough Ben Folds

the soundtrack section is weaker than my bladder (jk, i just have an active lifestlye...uhm...yeah)..braveheart isn't there... only one star wars album.. where are disney stuff?

they need more obscure people, becuase that is what their mac users like.....

it is like the 99¢ cassette bin at a music store and it has a lot of good artists, and maybe some obscure ones, but it does not have everything you want... a limited limited selection....

--but hey, it worked on me!

• Reply 8 of 37
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Grateful Dead

Colonel Bruce Hampton

The Plugz
  • Reply 9 of 37
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Dave Matthews Band

They're on BMG. Not sure what the deal is there.

My other requests were White Stripes and Evanescence.
  • Reply 10 of 37
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Isn't Evanescence available?
  • Reply 11 of 37
    I'd say anyone who likes music other than that from MTV or top 40 radio... won't find what they want from apple's music service...yet. I haven't. Here's the band's I've searched for so far and found nothing:

-Add N to (x)

-The Sea and Cake

-Hot Water Music

-Jets to Brazil

-Grandaddy

-Neutral Milk Hotel

-Aphex Twin

-Trans Am

Hope still remains....... I've found a few Tom Waits albums.........
  • Reply 12 of 37
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    the whole electronic section needs a kick in the ass, they need to go approach the smaller labels, and individual producers. But i guess that will come with time.

edit: yea they got to get warp records up there
  • Reply 13 of 37
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I sent feedback because there's no Smashing Pumpkins and only one Radiohead album.
  • Reply 14 of 37
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Janet Jackson
  • Reply 15 of 37
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    One problem I found with it, other than the lack of selection, is the fact that it's mostly "best of" albums. When I searched for "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, I found it, but I wasn't able to buy the original Thriller album (which I like). I'd have to look up what was on the album, and then buy each song individually. It would be nice if they preserved the old albums instead of just having two or three compilations that have all the songs but in the wrong arrangement.
  • Reply 16 of 37
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    Beastie Boys and more Cake
  • Reply 17 of 37
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Linkin Park

The Offspring

BT

Goldfinger

.... just to name a few that I have found MIA. The lack of techno, live, and rare songs is a disapointment. Also i'd like there to be more popish stuff from the 70s to the 90s. You know when they play those one hit wonder songs on the radio from the early 90s? I'd pay 99 cents for those, if i could find them...
  • Reply 18 of 37
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

One problem I found with it, other than the lack of selection, is the fact that it's mostly "best of" albums. When I searched for "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, I found it, but I wasn't able to buy the original Thriller album (which I like). I'd have to look up what was on the album, and then buy each song individually. It would be nice if they preserved the old albums instead of just having two or three compilations that have all the songs but in the wrong arrangement.

I bet this has to do with stingy record companies. They probably figure the originals are worth enough for you to want to buy at the record store.

Oh, and Jimmy Eat World.
  • Reply 19 of 37
    thunderpoitthunderpoit Posts: 709member
    arent the offspring on their own lable tho? Nitro Records?
  • Reply 20 of 37
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Grateful Dead

Gypsy Kings

Dark Latin Groove