ebates.com :: opinion ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Any opinions about this website?

is the trick really just so retailers can get user info.?

does anyone use them for purchases?

comments?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I use it quite frequently, and it seems pretty good, I believe they just get commission of some sort for referrals since you have to click through their site to get to the retailer.

I've used it a bunch, nice for the big ticket items like computers... got 2% on an iBook purchase from MacWarehouse, that was ~$25 just by itself. I've probably earned close to $100 over 2 years now. No problems, on occasion a purhcase won't register with them, but they're not often. And every quarter you get a check assuming your balance is greater than $5. I recommend using it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    no coy tactics that i should know of?

they seem legit, and worthy of clicking thru.....

hence why I''m interested

thanks for the tip
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Here's a link to Epinions reviews from other peole who have used the service, seems to be pretty positive, which I'd agree with.

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Ser...splay_~reviews

I don't think there's any strange things that they do, but just in case you can always just sign up with a secondary e-mail (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo), and then when you make your actual purchases just use a primary e-mail, it shouldn't affect the rebate being accounted for. i.e. I use a hotmail account for eBates, and my primary e-mail for when I purchase at the actual stores for e-mailing me with order status etc.