Treatment of Terrorists

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here is an interesting story

Someone who assists Jewish terrorists to bomb an Islamic center gets 3 odd years in jail (and will probably be out after 12 months). In the report, he is called an "accomplice"...the word "terrorist" is never used. Trying to imagine the story inverted...where someone assists Islamic terrorists (never accomplices!) in bombing a Jewish center. There would be calls (appropriate in my opinion) for life in jail.

With the "war on terror" all the rage(!), it seems WEIRD that someone found guilty of assisting terrorists gets a lighter sentence than say, many people who are busted for growing (or even possession of) marijuana, for example. Or is it now considered a "mild infraction" to bomb Islamic facilities?

Does the special status of the Jewish people, as regards the US govt., extend to terrorist activities? I couldn't help noticing how the recent horrific cases in the occupied territories of the IDF murdering US (French and British) citizens in cold blood has gone unnoticed and uncommented on by the Administration and the corporate media...unlike the equally horrendous case of Daniel Pearl, who was murdered by Islamic terrorists in Pakistan.

Or.... does bringing up this subject render me liable to an 'anti-semitic' label?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Or is it now considered a "mild infraction" to bomb Islamic facilities?

Who said that?

Or were you trying to mislead the reader with the quotation marks?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    the generalthe general Posts: 649member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Who said that?

Or were you trying to mislead the reader with the quotation marks?

she's just doing what she does best.....
  • Reply 3 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Here is an interesting story

Someone who assists Jewish terrorists to bomb an Islamic center gets 3 odd years in jail (and will probably be out after 12 months). In the report, he is called an "accomplice"...the word "terrorist" is never used. Trying to imagine the story inverted...where someone assists Islamic terrorists (never accomplices!) in bombing a Jewish center. There would be calls (appropriate in my opinion) for life in jail.

With the "war on terror" all the rage(!), it seems WEIRD that someone found guilty of assisting terrorists gets a lighter sentence than say, many people who are busted for growing (or even possession of) marijuana, for example. Or is it now considered a "mild infraction" to bomb Islamic facilities?

Does the special status of the Jewish people, as regards the US govt., extend to terrorist activities? I couldn't help noticing how the recent horrific cases in the occupied territories of the IDF murdering US (French and British) citizens in cold blood has gone unnoticed and uncommented on by the Administration and the corporate media...unlike the equally horrendous case of Daniel Pearl, who was murdered by Islamic terrorists in Pakistan.

Or.... does bringing up this subject render me liable to an 'anti-semitic' label?

strange enough, most muslim mid easterners are semitic so no that lable doesnt apply... but you are absolutely right that since the us defines terrorist as people having attacked them on their territory, jewish terrorist have generally been disregarded since they rarely if ever attack anyone but those semitic muslim mid easterners...

but what are you going to do? the us cant police everyones terrorist, can it?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    she's got a pretty damn valid point here. Why not address that instead of desperately trying to find something to attack her for.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

she's just doing what she does best.....

Judging by the in the General's reply, can we assume that he feels its OK to bomb Islamic facilities?

Quote:

but what are you going to do? the us cant police everyones terrorist, can it?

Isn't that what the "war on terror" is all about...ie a global war on terrorism (provided they aren't terrorists that the US approves of, that is). I would imagine that planning to bomb property within the United States itself should qualify as such.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    No one should stoop to terrorism.....
  • Reply 7 of 12
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    I say make those captured terrorists laugh. Tickle their feet for a few hours each day with a feather.

That will make them laugh and know that there's more joy in the world than bombibg other people.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Worst Thread of the Day?, but more for the responses than the original post. How quickly these things get derailed. Luckily it sounds like the attempt failed, but 41 months sounds pretty lght IMO. However, the inferred position that if this person isn't considered a terrorist then those like him who are labeled as such really aren't would be incorrect too. This person is a terrorist just like boys that blow themselves up or someone who shoots people sniper-style in Maryland. They're all terrorists, luckily this one was stopped.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    giant:

Quote:

she's got a pretty damn valid point here.

A valid point?

How the hell is it a valid point when the entire premise is circular logic that requires an inherent bias?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

If in the reversed scenario the person charged was not part of the plot, had a clean background, was simply a driver, no bombing took place and he copped a plea, you would expect he'd get life in jail? Of course you wouldn't, but throwing that in makes it seem like the Jew is getting special treatment, so you throw it in.

Quote:

With the "war on terror" all the rage(!), it seems WEIRD that someone found guilty of assisting terrorists gets a lighter sentence than say, many people who are busted for growing (or even possession of) marijuana, for example.

Many strange sentences occur throughout the US justice systems when it comes to PLEA BARGAINS and assisting the DA in prosecuting another, more involved criminal. Just because this involves a Jew, it deserves your intimate attention.

Quote:

Or is it now considered a "mild infraction" to bomb Islamic facilities?

driver, otherwise uninvolved, unsuccessful plot, PLEA BARGAIN......

Quote:

The two don't even compare. Sorry, Pearle was kidnapped, tortured and beheaded, because he was Jewish. Foreign nationals killed in Israel were not.

Quote:

If this was an African-American who drove for a non-successful plot to bomb a building in retaliation for the 9/11 attacks, as this was, would you be so quick to point out 'special' treatment for blacks? Or do you reserve your judgement for jews?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    "special status of the Jewish people" Yea that's right SJO. Jews control the government and Major League Baseball.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    don't forget the weather.

psst. they really DO control the government , the internet told me so.