Who is going to an apple store tonight?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    You're right, he did mention USB2 drivers by June. \\
  • Reply 22 of 43
    I went to the Buffalo Apple Store, the black t-shirt and poster are great. Played around with the 17" PB and the iPods. Bought the Powermate. The place wasn't packed like the OS X 10.2 release was, they had the DJ there too.

--- Pictures

Poster

T-shirt front

T-shirt back
  • Reply 23 of 43
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    i went to SOHO.... was really fun.... loud music... huge crowd.... glassjaw opened up at the theater....

Apple SOHO rocks
  • Reply 24 of 43
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

I went to the Buffalo Apple Store, the black t-shirt and poster are great. Played around with the 17" PB and the iPods. Bought the Powermate. The place wasn't packed like the OS X 10.2 release was, they had the DJ there too.

Yah, the DJ was trying his best to scratch with a pair of iPods mounted on tripods.

How the heck did you get your tee shirt so wrinkled already?

I set up a stream from the Palo Alto store but somebody turned it off after I left...It was being broadcast to my home Power Mac and served from there so I didn't bother to post it here...my connection would have accepted maybe 5 viewers tops.

The salespeople are going "woooooooo!" every time an iPod goes out the front door...they're going to lose their voices.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    In the 2 Apple Stores I went to there were not so many people (or at least they were not soooo crowded, at least on the italian scale crowded). It was fun ... got the shirt and the poster..
  • Reply 26 of 43
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mulattabianca

In the 2 Apple Stores I went to there were not so many people (or at least they were not soooo crowded, at least on the italian scale crowded). It was fun ... got the shirt and the poster..

ditto.... but only one store....

i needed to get my sister's iBook looked at, but the GB was closed at RF!!! i was pissed \ tomorrow i guess
  • Reply 27 of 43
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

I was at that store too, I was like the fourth person in. I was also the second non-Apple employee in Buffalo to hold the new iPod in my hands (my friend was the first) or at least the guy working came over and said so. Did you know that mall had a thing where after 4 on Fridays and Saturdays any people under 18 had to have somebody over 21 accompany them? My friend forgot his wallet, but we were fine anyway. We got stopped for ID and we had only been there for like 20 minutes, I was like "Already...!!!? What I'd do..?" But I think they should do that during the day to discourage kids from skipping school instead.

I was there for the Jaguar event back in August too, that was way bigger. Drove from Rochester both times. It was pretty neat, I basically just went in, oogled the iPods, entered for the contest, got a shirt, got a poster, and left.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    I went to the apple event in atlanta and thought it was... alright. I didn't wait in line.. i left and came back. I entered to win the DJ equipment.. which I figure i'll keep the 2 ipods and speakers and sell the mixer. The new ipods are sweet ass... but one didn't scroll very well with the scroll wheel and the other wouldn't enable the backlight.... all in all....... nice. I will get one.... as soon as i get that promotion............................
  • Reply 29 of 43
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

what store is opening in LI?

where did you live?

I grew up in Smithtown and went to high school just down the road from the Walt Whitman Mall. Lots of young people around there, and although LI malls tend to be old-school (lots of teeniboppers, few upscale "boutiques") Walt Whitman is probably a good choice. I wonder if they're going to eventually put another one in Roosevelt Field to serve everyone between Manhattan and Suffolk.

Edit: Erm, nevermind. Towel's going batty. But since there already is a store in Roosevelt Field, why not put one a little further east than Huntington? The two stores are only about 20 min apart, but there's lots of people who live way more than 10 min east and/or south of Huntington. But I guess that'd mean either Sunrise or Smith Haven, and they're both a little scummy. Hmph. [/rambling]
  • Reply 30 of 43
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Erm, nevermind. Towel's going batty. But since there already is a store in Roosevelt Field, why not put one a little further east than Huntington? The two stores are only about 20 min apart, but there's lots of people who live way more than 10 min east and/or south of Huntington. But I guess that'd mean either Sunrise or Smith Haven, and they're both a little scummy. Hmph

Most chains would rather cluster several stores in a very dense market rather than spread their stores evenly by geography. Gateway Country tried to cast a vast net over the US with evenly spaced stores, and they failed... I live 2, 4, and 12 miles away from GAP stores. There are seven GAP stores in San Francisco alone.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    ...went to the iPod event @ the grove in Los Angeles.

I must say the new iPods just look STUNNING!!!!!!!

For the curious...

BT was not great what so ever.

• Reply 32 of 43
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Went to soho here waited online for an hour line went around two corners it was insane.

I picked up the new ipod for myself and apparenlty so did about 1 thousand other people.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

How the heck did you get your tee shirt so wrinkled already?

I don't know, it does look really wrinkled though, I just throw it in the Apple bag, after I bought it.

Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I was at that store too, I was like the fourth person in. I was also the second non-Apple employee in Buffalo to hold the new iPod in my hands (my friend was the first) or at least the guy working came over and said so. Did you know that mall had a thing where after 4 on Fridays and Saturdays any people under 18 had to have somebody over 21 accompany them? My friend forgot his wallet, but we were fine anyway. We got stopped for ID and we had only been there for like 20 minutes, I was like "Already...!!!? What I'd do..?" But I think they should do that during the day to discourage kids from skipping school instead.

I was there for the Jaguar event back in August too, that was way bigger. Drove from Rochester both times. It was pretty neat, I basically just went in, oogled the iPods, entered for the contest, got a shirt, got a poster, and left.

We also drove from Rochester, I got there about 6:10p.m. Bought the t-shirt and powermate and then got the free poster and left for someother stores. The Jaguar event was really packed compared to this one. Maybe I will see you at the 10.3 event, iBrowse.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'm sad I couldn't go to three stores.
  • Reply 35 of 43
    Quote:

We also drove from Rochester, I got there about 6:10p.m. Bought the t-shirt and powermate and then got the free poster and left for someother stores. The Jaguar event was really packed compared to this one. Maybe I will see you at the 10.3 event, iBrowse.

I know, for 10.2 we had to wait over an hour to get in. This time I ended getting to the mall at about 4:40 because we ended up being ready to leave early and didn't want to fight rush hour getting into Buffalo. Driving that far isn't really that worth it, but I am 99% sure I will end up going to the 10.3 event if there is one.
  • Reply 36 of 43
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Maybe if I knew about the event I would've went, but I had no clue about it. Shows you guys how much I've been following Apple lately.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Maybe if I knew about the event I would've went, but I had no clue about it. Shows you guys how much I've been following Apple lately.

I got an email a few days ago from my closest Apple store. I don't know how they got my email though.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I got an email a few days ago from my closest Apple store. I don't know how they got my email though.

I probably got an email too, but I usually just delete the Apple and Apple Store emails.
  • Reply 39 of 43
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    i went to the soho one last night, i took some video and pics with my clie, if i get around to it i'll upload today.

i just remebered somthing funny, i was sitting by the genus bar looking at the video i just took on my clie and some dude came up to me and was like "hey is that the new ipod!"
  • Reply 40 of 43
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

I probably got an email too, but I usually just delete the Apple and Apple Store emails.

You shouldn't do that! Every month Apple offers a $1000 gift certificate if you respond to their email.