Interesting iPod Dell phone call

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got off the phone with Dells small business store.

Got a guy on the phone that told me they have both the 30gig and 15gig iPods, at $526 and $426 respectively, which you then take off a 20% discount. Delivery was listed as 5-7 days as they come straight from Apple.

I was surprised that the guy I got was located in New Delhi India!, I just called the 800 toll free #.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Correction, the 15gig is $443.95 before the 20% discount, which comes to $355 + tax, free standard shipping.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Correction, the 15gig is $443.95 before the 20% discount, which comes to $355 + tax, free standard shipping.

Repost

Here is original
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

I was surprised that the guy I got was located in New Delhi India!, I just called the 800 toll free #.

Why? When anyone in Europe call the local toll free number to their local Apple Store, the guy sitting at the other end is in Ireland.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    safarixsafarix Posts: 18member
    Why is it that Dell is charging 43.95 extra on top of the retail price for the 15gb? Do they price match, given that no one else is charging that much? I'd order one if theyd do 399.95 minus 20%...

SafariX
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    They are charging over to deter sales right now. They haven't gotten any or listed any on the website yet. The only way you can get it is to call and they will not do the 20% on top of pricematch. You can have one of the other right now. The price will go down when they put it on the site but it might be after the 20% since they know there is a lot of interest. These things would be selling for 399 if they went on the site right now.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    As I understand it from Dell's website, the deal ends on the 7th, so sometime this week maybe there will be a price drop (to the regular price). If anyone has ordered 20% off the regular price, post here, and let me know how/who to talk to.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Anyone have any luck yet ordering a 20% off iPod at the ACTUAL MSRP?