no more 32,000 song limit

sebseb
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok, a few people were bothered by the previous 32,000 song limit (unfortunately, it never affected me).

Apparently this is no longer a problem though.

FYI!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61585

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    awsome...thought i can't see how this would be a problem to some...32000 is a hell of a lot of songs

geez how many Gigabytes is that? (some people are download happy i guess)
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    So what is the new limit? There must be a limit, even if it is rediculously high.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    trydtryd Posts: 143member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

awsome...thought i can't see how this would be a problem to some...32000 is a hell of a lot of songs

geez how many Gigabytes is that? (some people are download happy i guess)

I'm just ripping my own CD's. I have very few downloaded songs. My collection is not very big (in comparison to other collectors), but I'm up to 34100 "songs" (or tracks) now.

My collection is mainly classical music, and each movement of a work, every aria in an opera etc... is registered as a track.

BTW - in my collection 34100 tracks translates to approx. 190 GB.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tryd

I'm just ripping my own CD's. I have very few downloaded songs. My collection is not very big (in comparison to other collectors), but I'm up to 34100 "songs" (or tracks) now.

My collection is mainly classical music, and each movement of a work, every aria in an opera etc... is registered as a track.

OT: What Bartok pieces/CDs do you recommend for a guy who wants to listen to Bartok's most dischordant "noisy" stuff? I know he composed some really progressive stuff that was pretty intense, but I need direction finding it. Care to help me out? I like bands like the Swans and This Mortal Coil, Celtic Frost. They mention Bartok sometimes...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by tryd

how many albums is that?

all i gota say is, wtf haha

there is NO reason for that much

the songs on my comptuer are mostly downloded with maybe 20-30 albums but i have ~3000 songs

thats ~13.6 gigabytes

there is no way i'd buy another HD just so i can rip CD's to my computer...seriously could u give me a reason why u want all them on there?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    trydtryd Posts: 143member
    Quote:

how many albums is that?

Approx. 2000 CDs

Quote:

all i gota say is, wtf haha

there is NO reason for that much

I love music

Quote:

the songs on my comptuer are mostly downloded with maybe 20-30 albums but i have ~3000 songs

thats ~13.6 gigabytes

there is no way i'd buy another HD just so i can rip CD's to my computer...seriously could u give me a reason why u want all them on there?

Easy access. Say I want to compare string quartets i G by 2 composer - they are easily available.

I feel like listening to some baroque music - all my baroque recordings are available with one click.

Easy to download to my iPod. I change the content on the iPod daily. It follows me wherever I go.

My collection grows with approx. 100 CD pr. year. I don't see any end to that. There is just so much intereseting music out there.

And all the conductors interpret things differently. I know one person who has 120 different recordings of Beethovens 5th Symphony!

Terje
  • Reply 7 of 10
    only in classical

haha i'm jk i like classical

but um yeah, still seems uncessarily absurd to me but whatever floats ur boat
  • Reply 8 of 10
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

but um yeah, still seems uncessarily absurd to me but whatever floats ur boat

This coming from someone who has over 2K posts on a mac rumors site? Somehow I don't think any of us posting here have the right to throw stones given the material our houses are made from...

Dave
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Somehow I don't think any of us posting here have the right to throw stones given the material our houses are made from...

oh... you don't know how many times I've wanted to say that!

• Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

This coming from someone who has over 2K posts on a mac rumors site? Somehow I don't think any of us posting here have the right to throw stones given the material our houses are made from...

Dave

true true, very true

but i gota do something while i'm at school haha

hey it could be worse...

Brad- 9720

EmAn- 8059

Matsu- 4577

groverat- 4497

Eugene- 4426

Defiant- 3912

applenut- 3537

Paul- 3273

Amorph- 3144

Powerdoc- 3115

then again most of their posts were legit, only about 10% of mine contain actual real helpful and intellectual statements