New iSub?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just about buy myself an iSub when I came across this on the UK Apple Store:

Something new around the corner perhaps?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PaulP

Link no work... what did you see?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    paulppaulp Posts: 67member
    Sorry, haven't figured out how post images correctly!

Basically it's an image of the iSub with 'While Stocks Last' in red text over the top of it.
  • Reply 3 of 9
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Could be. I was looking through the T3 magazine I believe and saw that Harmon has a new speakerset coming. I wonder if Apple will use it. It's not on their website yet but it looked interesting.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I doubt it. The iSub is old--4 years old now. It's time for it to go, I guess. I don't think they'll go the USB route anymore, the current iSub still has issues in OSX.

Funny, mine still sounds awesome, and I got it back in 1999 with the iMac it was designed for.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Basically it's an image of the iSub with 'While Stocks Last' in red text over the top of it.

That's just the standalone iSub being liquidated. I imagine they'll continue selling the H/K SoundSticks, which include an iSub lookalike subwoofer. It's an interesting observation though. Sales and special promotions have been very accurate predicotrs of new products in the past.

Escher
  • Reply 7 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

• Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

Thank you!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Yeah it is a bit annoying, at high volume, this thing crashes my mac, I don't know why...