Ars iTunesMS review

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/003/i...tunesms-1.html

Since my back was turned, I missed the giant red arrow of death that nearly poinked me in the shoulder.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    That was a waste of 5 minutes.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/003/i...tunesms-1.html

Since my back was turned, I missed the giant red arrow of death that nearly poinked me in the shoulder.

Can I have that 10 minutes of my life back, please? What a waste of bits.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

That was a waste of 5 minutes.

Jepp!
  • Reply 4 of 23
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    funnay!

Or was it?
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Quote:

Can I have that 10 minutes of my life back, please? What a waste of bits.

God I should have heeded the warnings - kind of like Don`t touch the red button! - I had to do it.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Gee he wouldn't happen to be a PeeCee user who ever wrote that....no his just a sad guy that got lucky that a web site put that online.

More talk from the land of dumb ass PC users.....PLEASE GIVE THERE SERVER SPACE BACK TO SOMETHING THAT MEANS....MEANS.....WELL SOMETHING!!!.....now that "review" people is a waste of the internet.

Frank_t
  • Reply 7 of 23
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Trying way too hard to be funny. A lot of what he said would be funny if he were not so proud of his sense of humor. Otherwise, not much substance.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    ARS shouldn't let people on meth write articles for them.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    michaelmichael Posts: 25member
    Um, I rather liked the review. Very post-modernist, and a little more stream-of-consciousness than I'm used to. Regardless of the style, he has some good points. And I think his description the palo alto apple store, and the mac-heads in it (along with the mac community) is fiendishly accurate, and perhaps a little too close to home.

And, in case you hadn't noticed, or hand't bothered to read to the last paragraph. He likes it

ciao,
  • Reply 10 of 23
    I also liked the review, and note that this guy, like the Mac user on the theRegister.co.uk, gets dinged for being a PC user, when both obviously have copious knowledge of Mac arcana.

Having said that his original switching series, premiered in the ars forum, was much, much better. Someone linked to it from here before so maybe they'll do so again.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    That article was the funniest thing I have read in weeks.

Mac users need to lighten up...
  • Reply 12 of 23
    **** Ars.

• Reply 13 of 23
    cesjrcesjr Posts: 23member
    Of course it's funny. But what do you do when basically the product is good and, damn, APPLE AGAIN!!! Argh!!

It's not too hard to poke fun at people like Jobs, with all the hyping and marketing (anathema to Ars types). Or to poke fun at the Mac-worshipers. But when you strip away the excess, what's there?

Some old balding already super rich guy that for whatever wacky reason is on some kind of mission to actually make good computing products, rather than just milk the public with dreck a la Microsoft. Even though the public doesn't seem to care much. Why does he keep going?

As for the mac fans, mostly we're just people who like a nice product. What a strange concept.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i liked it.

guess i've been using a PEE CEE to much.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wow, you guys are harsh. I thought the review was fun...and I thought it was cool that I was in it.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    As did I.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Ha ha.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Wow, you guys are harsh. I thought the review was fun...and I thought it was cool that I was in it.

you were the one on the streetcorner outside the apple store?!
  • Reply 19 of 23
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    IMHO, Jade is pretty funnay. His MWNY review is very amusing - he adds a different perspective, which can never be a bad thing
  • Reply 20 of 23
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    haha he took some shots at apple but it was still funny...especially his pictures with his markers