Would you ever consider becoming a World Super Villain?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If fantasy could become reality, is there anybody here that would do it? Terrorize trillions of people, kill millions, threaten the world to turn the notion of "civil society" on its ear, revenge upon every single last person you ever met in your life that rejected you (and every last person that is "just like them"), show the world your omnipotent, true fury, just plainly make everybody "pay"? Do you find yourself "tired" of playing your little part in the world of being "the good guy" and never getting fair turnaround? Does being the good sumaritan all seem pointless after a while? Do you relate on some level to "General Dis-Array"? (a South Park reference)

Please post-in on this little bubble topic where ye shall not be judged...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    lol, something Pinky and Brain style eh?

it would certainly spice up your daily routine, assuming that you weren't very good at it.

once you piss off the big boys though you'd end up living your life shitting into a hole in some cave in the desert ala. Osama. no thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Ummm....no.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 24
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Remember, this is fantasy becomes reality. So if you were to become a super-villain, you would be all too bad-ass for the retribution any one nation to be of any concern (not even the US). Only a super hero could possibly keep you in check (but that raises an interesting premise, if you catch my drift). The rest of the world community would consistently cower in terror whenever you start "making noise".

Oh yes, you also get your pick of the world's hottest/sexy, naughtiest villainess to be by your side, as well...
  • Reply 4 of 24
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    NO...why would i, they always lose!
  • Reply 5 of 24
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Umm, super villans are not being bad for bads sake. they believe in something or have an agenda for wealth, revenge or something else. Magneto and Dr, Doom are both good examples of heavy hitting bad guys who both are engaged in their own noble pursuits. I am sure that neithor one of them think of themselves as a person who "show the world your omnipotent, true fury, just plainly make everybody "pay"?

of course there is LOBO\
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Of course, it is about some sort of "revenge". I guess there's also the element of taking your lifetime's worth of pain and misery and making the "unknowing" world share it with you. You use the "omnipotent, true fury" because you can and to make a statement. Otherwise you take revenge on this one person or group, and it goes completely unnoticed by the rest of the world going on about their normal lives. What's the point of being a super-villain then if people don't end up fearing messing with you (or lament "creating" you by having wronged you in some way in the past) in the end?
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

This is the best part where fantasy meets reality (in that a bit of "reality" is still left intact). The "good" will not prevail over "evil" here. In fiction, the good always ends up winning because that leaves things a little more upbeat. However in reality, the "good guy" quite frequently bites the dust. There is just too much out there to trip him up and then finish him. Evil is likely to prevail because it is that much more treacherous and determined to make its objective. There are no "rules" to spare "the innocent" and minimize loss of life and property for the bad guy while meeting his objectives. So that all leads back into part of what I said earlier- why even bother being a "good guy"? You only end up getting exploited by somebody else who isn't quite so nice. Be ruthless, be treacherous, be cold-hearted, and get "yours".
  • Reply 8 of 24
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Hmmm. I don't think I would be a "supervillain." I would rule the world in shadows, manipulating people and groups to my own sick pleasure, like a game of chess. I would keep my thumb on the scales of the World Econ, and have a secret squad of killers on call for my bidding. I would have "black labs" all over keeping me and my Empire on the bleeding edge of technology. Muhahahaha...
  • Reply 9 of 24
    mystique would make anything worth it.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

mystique would make anything worth it.

evil girls rn't as sexy as hero girls!

but mystique could make her self look like ANYONE...that would be useful!
  • Reply 11 of 24
    I think you can pick any girl you want in the end, anyway. Girls are sluts for men of power. They would never admit it, but given the chance/opportunity... The fact remains they would leave you in a second (OK, maybe not immediately, but eventually) for a "powerful man", and it won't matter what you think of them for doing that because you won't end up with the girl in the end anyway. (Maybe that sounds harsh, offensive, and sexist, but I still hold that out as reality and a big IMO. ) You see how they are "drawn" to men of popularity. A man of power and popularity? Fuggediboudit!
  • Reply 12 of 24
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Nah. I am a 100% good guy!!
  • Reply 13 of 24
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    Be a super villian, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

One must remember that that fatal flaw of the supervillian is that they could use their powers in a legitimate manner to obtain wealth and power. Instead they hatch nutty plans that involve massive amounts of destruction. Take Lex Luthor in the first Superman movie. He bought up a big chunk of California desert, stole a nuke and lauched it to hit a spot that would make the West Coast sink into the sea thus making his desert prime ocean front real estate. See he could have just used his super mind to predict emerging technological and commerical trends and purchased stock. But no, buy desert, kill off west coast, and then sell new ocean front property.

If I was a super villian, I would hatch a plot invoving owning all the oil and resources in the middle east by buying stock in specific technology and oil companies then years later using the U.S. military to..........no wait, someone beat me to this one.

Ok. I would start researching nuclear weapons at my isolated lair and then offer to stop researching them only if I am paid a heafty sum, then I would continue researching them behind the civilized worlds back to further extort more...............damn someone beat me to this one.

Oh, f**k it. I'd build an earthquake machine and make things shake until I got paid massive amounts of cash money.

<nervous thought>

I wonder if any else is working on this?

</nervous thought>
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

This is the best part where fantasy meets reality (in that a bit of "reality" is still left intact). The "good" will not prevail over "evil" here. In fiction, the good always ends up winning because that leaves things a little more upbeat. However in reality, the "good guy" quite frequently bites the dust.[/i]

In reality I say that good always wins out in the end.

The trick is knowing weather or not you are near the end of the story where goodness rules, or still in the middle where the villian is demonstrating how evil he is by crushing do good worms like you.

It is also hard to know in reality if you are a hero, a side kick or comic relief.

So take heart in knowing that in the end (in reality) everything turns out for the best.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by hegor

Be a super villian, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

One must remember that that fatal flaw of the supervillian is that they could use their powers in a legitimate manner to obtain wealth and power. Instead they hatch nutty plans that involve massive amounts of destruction. Take Lex Luthor in the first Superman movie. He bought up a big chunk of California desert, stole a nuke and lauched it to hit a spot that would make the West Coast sink into the sea thus making his desert prime ocean front real estate. See he could have just used his super mind to predict emerging technological and commerical trends and purchased stock. But no, buy desert, kill off west coast, and then sell new ocean front property.

If I was a super villian, I would hatch a plot invoving owning all the oil and resources in the middle east by buying stock in specific technology and oil companies then years later using the U.S. military to..........no wait, someone beat me to this one.

Ok. I would start researching nuclear weapons at my isolated lair and then offer to stop researching them only if I am paid a heafty sum, then I would continue researching them behind the civilized worlds back to further extort more...............damn someone beat me to this one.

Oh, f**k it. I'd build an earthquake machine and make things shake until I got paid massive amounts of cash money.

<nervous thought>

I wonder if any else is working on this?

</nervous thought>

haha
  • Reply 16 of 24
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i'd love the power and all, but i dont think i could ever muster enough hatred for so many people. i also dont think i could kill anyone (who didn't verily deserve it).
  • Reply 17 of 24
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Well, that presupposes that the ends always justify the means. Meaning, why should losing in the end outweigh all the coolness and joy of the process of being a supervillian?
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

Well, that presupposes that the ends always justify the means. Meaning, why should losing in the end outweigh all the coolness and joy of the process of being a supervillian?

besides which, you'd just escape in a week or two anyway to wreak more havoc on the world.

you forget, good guys are all pussies and won't kill anyone. (well, except for wolverine. )

do all you want, they'll lock you up and tell you you're a bad boy and not to do it again.

next week, escape, rinse, repeat.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Exactly
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

besides which, you'd just escape in a week or two anyway to wreak more havoc on the world.

you forget, good guys are all pussies and won't kill anyone. (well, except for wolverine. )

Then the good guys are all Democrats??