Tropical Sprite

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
= Tropical Shit.

It tastes like someone went apeshit in the dimetapp or robutussin factory and added some carbonation. Horrid.

**** you, Coca Cola. I want my buck back.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    Anyone who drinks anything other than water, ice tea or margaritas should be shot.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    see, that'd be nice, i'd like it.

This stuff tastes like bottled fruit bat urine.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    CoD, i think you forgot to add Bloody Mary's in that mix.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    I'm willing to allow some flexibility on my standards provided that people are doing their part to wipe away the numbing pain of their meaningless existences with brain cell killing alcohol. It's all good.

But I cannot stand by idly while a society allows its people to consume bat urine, or worse, Sunny D Tropical Punch.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    mt. dew tastes different in the US than is does in the rest of the world. they change the formula.

you hate the US mt. dew too?
  • Reply 6 of 27
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

I love Vanilla Coke. Haven't heard of anyone hating it.

Now you have... I hate that stuff. Just enough vanilla so you can taste it, but not enough to really taste it. Hard to explain... I just don't like it. I prefer regular coke.

And I can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi. They're the same as far as I'm concerned, although I drink maybe one or two cans a week at most.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Mountain Dew is just glorified goat piss with faux Xtreme marketing.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Anyone who drinks anything other than water, ice tea or margaritas should be shot.

So you want to kill everyone on Earth who has a pair of testicles?
  • Reply 9 of 27
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

So you want to kill everyone on Earth who has a pair of testicles?

...wait...
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

mt. dew tastes different in the US than is does in the rest of the world. they change the formula.

you hate the US mt. dew too?

They do? What do they do to it, put in less or more anti-freeze?
  • Reply 11 of 27
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Code Red makes my kidneys hurt.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

???

as for mt. dew, i think they just change aroung the carbonation and sugar content. they talked about that in our marketing classes all the time.

that's why sprite and coke taste way better in canada.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    First time I bought Vanilla Coke it was on accident; it does NOT mix well with Rum.

All the same, I didn't care for it. I like REAL vanilla Cokes, the kind you get at small town Dairy Queens where they put real vanilla into the fountain Coke. THAT was good.

But would STRAWBERRY margaritas work? (They don't have the lip smacking smiley face. )
  • Reply 14 of 27
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    From the subject I though we were talking about Ting (not the nasty pepsi version)

If you go to the carribbean(school took me to Tortola, BVI for a few weeks) you can buy this stuff thats 100% carbonated grapefruit juice with a little sugar. It costs like 50 cents for a beer sized bottle, its from Jamiaca and apparently if you buy it down there its only bottled like a few days before. So good. Consumed in large quantitys.

Ting
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

First time I bought Vanilla Coke it was on accident; it does NOT mix well with Rum.

No way! It may depend on if it was regular rum or spiced rum, but it was good.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    cream soda.... now that is something i cant live without everynow and then...

that is different from club soda.

as for other carbonated beverages, Dr. Pepper (or its copy cats) and Coke, no pepsi, bad pizza memories...
  • Reply 17 of 27
    I saw something in the vending machine today called 'the New Sprite Remix' and I have no idea what it is. I had no money on me, I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Yeah I had some the other day - I was all like whoa - Then I tried a sip and that like whoa feeling turning into a feeling of - Meh -
  • Reply 19 of 27
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Orange Crush or nothing!!! OK, maybe a little Vernors now and then with my ice cream...or A&W root beer sometimes....or those little weird shaped bottles with Orangina or something like that I can get at at the Mexican marts...those are yummy...
  • Reply 20 of 27
    doctorgonzodoctorgonzo Posts: 529member
    It's strange that while it's not too difficult to create a drink that doesn't taste like hydroulic fluid, almost every single new soda in the past year or so tastes like it is the absolute worst idea the respective manufacterer ever came up with.

If you want something familair, but different, get a case of this.

It's Dr. Pepper but with real sugar as opposed to the artifical sweeteners they use now.