Your Choice?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Would you rather die by being inserted into a wood chipper or watch "Mission To Mars", "The Postman","Battlefield Earth","Swept Away","The Adventures Of Pluto Nash", "Scooby Doo","Maid In Manhattan" and "Wild Wild West" back to back?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'd make like Joel Hodgson.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    If you gonna die in some wood chipper, you should at least get to watch Fargo first.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, I've seen Mission to Mars, The Postman, and Wild Wild West... Mission to Mars was horrible but if I completely suspended my disbelief it was actually quite cool. You know, I had to ignore the fact that some guy was living on Mars in some building with unsealed, cloth walls for an entire year without suffocating. That sort of thing. It was real corny but I lived through it. Same with Wild Wild West.

As for the Postman... I actually kind of liked it. Not as a movie, but just the concept is cool. I'm kind of into post-nuclear-war stuff like that... one of my favorite games is Fallout 2 and I've read a few books about it too.

I haven't seen any of the other movies you listed, and I haven't actually heard of "Maid in Manhattan" or "Swept Away." I recognize the name Pluto Nash but I have no idea where it's from.

Here's another one for the list - "Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius."

And finally, as far as the wood chipper goes, you should also get to read Skin Tight by Carl Hiaasen before you go!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I'd make like Joel Hodgson.

Best show ever. Good ol Minnesota native too.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    doyaldoyal Posts: 72member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Well, I've seen Mission to Mars, The Postman, and Wild Wild West... Mission to Mars was horrible but if I completely suspended my disbelief it was actually quite cool. You know, I had to ignore the fact that some guy was living on Mars in some building with unsealed, cloth walls for an entire year without suffocating. That sort of thing. It was real corny but I lived through it. Same with Wild Wild West.

As for the Postman... I actually kind of liked it. Not as a movie, but just the concept is cool. I'm kind of into post-nuclear-war stuff like that... one of my favorite games is Fallout 2 and I've read a few books about it too.

I haven't seen any of the other movies you listed, and I haven't actually heard of "Maid in Manhattan" or "Swept Away." I recognize the name Pluto Nash but I have no idea where it's from.

And finally, as far as the wood chipper goes, you should also get to read Skin Tight by Carl Hiaasen before you go!

Good points about Mission To Mars. Apart from the bad acting,directing and musical score, the product placement is truly in your face. Such as why the hell would there be a Pennzoil advertisment on a Mars rover since this was a NASA mission? And even if it weren't a NASA mission since they were not broadcasting footage back to the public what would the point of the Pennzoil decal be? Would a Mars Rover even use such a primitive lubricant such as oil?

Also if my memory serves me correctly didn't a soft drink help them discover the leak in the Spacecraft? And how they worked M&M's into the plot is a classic.

If you haven't seen this film you must. Some films are just too bad not to at least see for their true awfullness. Don Cheadle is a good actor but man is he bad in this. Also the theater I saw it in cracked up when Tim Robbins character is floating away from the man ship (he lost his power pack) and his lifeline cord tenses when it runs out of tether which is punctuated by a terrible cue from the score. Awful
  • Reply 6 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Reading my biography can lead you to the grave
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

What! I love Jimmy Neutron. I know they are flying through space in amusement partk rides, but its for kids. You can't tell me that when Carl sprays himself in the eye with his inhaler that you weren't laughing so hard you cried.