Crap music in iTunes Music Store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey check out a group in the music store called "The Donnas". They are crap. Tell me if you think each song sounds exactly the same.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member

I totally agree with you, but thread title?

• Reply 2 of 13
    doyaldoyal Posts: 72member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I totally agree with you, but thread title?

Yeah I could have worded it better!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by doyal

Hey check out a group in the music store called "The Donnas". They are crap. Tell me if you think each song sounds exactly the same.

This applies to all popular music with natural exceptions which only prove the rule.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Well, usually artists tend to throw in some variation in tempo/beats or even a new melody here or there.

You're right though, this was truly heard one, heard 'em all.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    m1911a1m1911a1 Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by doyal

Damn. You weren't exaggerating. I just sampled that group, and it sounded like the same big long sound. That's sad but hilarious. Personally, I don't care for much music made in the last 15 or so years. At least not "popular" music.

Edit: Corrected typos.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    wow i thought all u were just saying its similar wow, its like the same background for some with just different lyrics...haha
  • Reply 7 of 13
    drazztikkadrazztikka Posts: 240member
    I hope they keep updating the store by people who know what they are doing. The store now is really really really commercial. They should include all genre's and also a place for beginning musicians with ratings untill 10. That would be handy for beginning musicians to get their music heard including me , and to see if people like it or not.

I know i know the store is young but if it stays as commercial as this, it isn't going to launch, well not for me anyway, maybe for our kids that only know stuff from the TV(which deforms reality).

Greetz
  • Reply 8 of 13
    gnandagnanda Posts: 14member
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/909907.asp?0cv=CB20

is this true??????????????????????
  • Reply 9 of 13
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gnanda

http://www.msnbc.com/news/909907.asp?0cv=CB20

is this true??????????????????????

Deja vu ...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    tsk77tsk77 Posts: 14member
    I like the donnas.They are young,sexy & rockin'!

Also I think alot of early Beatles,Stones,Who sounds similar.Bands need to grow up and mature as artists.

Plus they're young & sexy.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    OMG a staff writer for MSNBC has FUD to say about the iTunes Music Store?! OMF his CD-R doesn't play in anything!... Liar.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    m1911a1m1911a1 Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsk77

I like the donnas.They are young,sexy & rockin'!

Also I think alot of early Beatles,Stones,Who sounds similar.Bands need to grow up and mature as artists.

Plus they're young & sexy.

• Reply 13 of 13
    mpls244mpls244 Posts: 61member
    The worst song I've found in the iTMS is a John Denver cover of the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby."

The 30 sec. preview sounds just awful.

Greg A.