10.2.6 is out in SW.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Title says it all. 6.1 megs. Someone can post the lsbom seperately.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Wow...3 threads for the same thing, within 1-2 minutes. We are on the ball today, aren't we?

• Reply 2 of 18
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I count this as the first (by less than 1 minute).

Wonder if it fizes the wonky metal window widget bug in iPhoto and iMovie.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    I thought I snuck in under the bar...

...and no, it doesn't fix them.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    lsbom of interesting bits:

./Applications/Address Book.app

./Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/Resources/Telephony.bundle

./Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/Resources/Telephony.bundle/Contents/Resources/ABDeviceCommandSets.plist

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDCDriver.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBComposite.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBHub.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBKeyboard.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBMergeNub.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBOHCI.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBOpticalMouse.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBHIDDriver.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBUserClient.kext

./System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext

./System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLSystem.dylib

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GLEngine.bundle

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GLRasterARGB8888D16.bundle

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GLRasterARGB8888D32.bundle

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GLRasterRGB555A8D16.bundle

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GLRasterRGB555A8D32.bundle

./System/Library/Printers/Libraries/libLW8Converter.dylib

./System/Library/SystemConfiguration/USBUPSSupport.bundle
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Short!

No change with my unscientific tests of iTunes visual framerates.

Hope this clears up people's USB hub problems.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    I dunno if this is new or not, but I just noticed that removing an icon from the Dock makes a sound effect along with the poof visual. Is that new in 10.2.6?
  • Reply 7 of 18
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Nope.

No changes I can see with 10.2.6. They didn't even fix the screwed-up iPhoto/iMovie widgets.

Also, this is the greatest number of updates Apple has ever made to a single release of an OS since 6.0.8. Whoop de ****ing do.

EDIT: 10.2.9! We need 10.2.9!
  • Reply 8 of 18
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    I got the closest I ever got to a problem after a system software update with 10.2.6: when I chose to restart the dock and the menu bar didn't vanish as per usual and the beach ball appeared. So I relaunched the Finder and after the restart everything seems to be fine. I'm told the software updated. Maybe I'll apply the stand alone to be safe, but so far so good.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    And that's all there is in this update ?

I want bug fixes, all the bugs !!

I want the custom icon bug to be solved, I want a faster Finder, I want labels, I want cash.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Heh, losing cash was a bug for you?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

I got the closest I ever got to a problem after a system software update with 10.2.6: when I chose to restart the dock and the menu bar didn't vanish as per usual and the beach ball appeared. So I relaunched the Finder and after the restart everything seems to be fine. I'm told the software updated. Maybe I'll apply the stand alone to be safe, but so far so good.

Yup, that also happened to me, the Finder crashed. I just rebooted, reparied permissions and disk and everything is fine. Are you going to install the stand alone over 10.2.6 or are you going start over at 10.2.? Why do you need to do the stand alone installer?
  • Reply 12 of 18
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

Yup, that also happened to me, the Finder crashed. I just rebooted, reparied permissions and disk and everything is fine. Are you going to install the stand alone over 10.2.6 or are you going start over at 10.2.? Why do you need to do the stand alone installer?

Actually, I think I'll just leave things as they are. No problems at all. I thought about using the stand alone just because I was a bit nervous, but everything seems to be fine. Ok, one crash in Word, but that's happened before
  • Reply 13 of 18
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Nope.

No changes I can see with 10.2.6. They didn't even fix the screwed-up iPhoto/iMovie widgets.

Um, this wasn't an iPhoto update
  • Reply 14 of 18
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    actually, this update provided MASSIVE speed improvements for me. i've had something buggy on my machine since 10.2.3. it took apps a loooong ass time to launch intermittently since 10.2.3. every update since that did nothing for it.

however, with this update, everything is damn zippy again. i was thinking about doing an entire system reinstall, but looks like it fixed the problem.

WOO HOO!!!
  • Reply 15 of 18
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Um, this wasn't an iPhoto update

True, but 10.2.5 wasn't either, and upon installing 10.2.5 the widgets got all scrunched together.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    The update when smoothly for me except.... IT MADE MY HARD DRIVE AT ROOT LEVEL READ ONLY!! Ahem..

It's easy tor reset but this has been happening after every update. What can be done to avoid that from happening?
  • Reply 17 of 18
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Has anyone noticed that it made the volume get louder? maybe I just got some new hearing ability or I'm going crazy... but I swear everything sounds louder, because I was listening to music on itunes while i was downloading and installing, rebooted, and it just blared my speakers out... I used to have to turn it all the way to my acceptible level but now I put it at half...

maybe I'm just dreaming.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    You know, you might be right. Something got screwed up with my Xounds installation and I've only just got it working with Safari again, so I wouldn't have noticed particularly.

eVo, that Dock "poof" noise has always been there, AFAIK