Are you happy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just right now, at this moment in your life.

I'd invite you all to discuss the merits of happiness and unhappiness, but frankly, I'm too depressed to care.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    You live and you die. What's the point of being unhappy?
  • Reply 2 of 36
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Happiness is overrated.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I am content.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I'm fairly happy until... until someone makes me stop and think about if I'm happy or not, and then I think of all the bad things in my life and then... damn you!
  • Reply 5 of 36
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Heheh. Shetline has a point: reflection breeds unhappiness (or perceived unhappiness anyway). Best goeth by the saying: don't take life too seriously -- you won't get out alive anyway.

Personally, I have my share of daily trials right now but I'm just grateful to have my health, a good job and a good woman. Given the economy and all else going on in the world that ain't bad at all. Not to mention, I can now buy my five favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs without shelling out $14 to do it.

• Reply 6 of 36
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I'd invite you all to discuss the merits of happiness and unhappiness, but frankly, I'm too depressed to care. [/B][/QUOTE]

Der Kopf,

If your depressed, go out for a run, or chase some cats or sniff a few trees..hang out with the guys...piss on a few tyres...you'll feel like your old self in no time at all...

• Reply 7 of 36
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

I'd invite you all to discuss the merits of happiness and unhappiness, but frankly, I'm too depressed to care.

Der Kopf,

If your depressed, go out for a run, or chase some cats or sniff a few trees..hang out with the guys...piss on a few tyres...you'll feel like your old self in no time at all...

[/B][/QUOTE]
  • Reply 8 of 36
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    Finals suck. However, I at least got a small laugh while reading my textbook (for the first time) and the chapter on the European Union. Here is the exact quote:

"If the EU is the economic equivalent of Superman, in the past, however, it has politically been more like Homer Simpson."

However, until tomorrow night, I'm stressed and not overly happy.

\
  • Reply 9 of 36
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Definatly unhappy, spring is when everything seems like it should be coming together and happy, but then everything bad falls really fast. all at once. like within a week.

and the people you want to comfort you are too timid too, and the people you want to **** off feel as if theyre the only ones that can help.

it was a really bad day
  • Reply 10 of 36
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Well...it's a long story that I really don't care to share too much of...

I've been in AA now for 3 months and it scares the f*ck out of me. I really don't know if I can do it. I'm living with a girlfriend that I think is an alcoholic yet she'd never admit it, I'm an egostical, weak, out-of-control control freak, and I'm never in my lifetime going to get past step 3 (the g-o-d word). I'm f*ucked.

But yeah, on a scale from 1-10, I'm looking at a high 6.
  • Reply 11 of 36

This crazy dude has something to say...
  • Reply 12 of 36
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    I'm pretty mellow right now, but things seem to be looking up.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    ...my life as of now sucks monkey ass!
  • Reply 14 of 36
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Well, seems happiness edged out. But I'm unhappy. I was fired from my job (long story, but basically my boss had it in for me and was looking for the slightest infraction). So I can't collect unemployment (don't tell me to fight it...he terminated me according to the "rules", plus he's a cheap bastard).

No job, no girlfriend and no real outook for me. I may have to move into my sister's house out of the city, shell out for a cheap car and get a Wal-Mart job to regroup and re-evaluate life. It certainly doesn't seem to be going anywhere in Philly. The one element of relief is that I have a great, understanding family and friends have been very supportive. I definately need it now...

One word of advice to the younger depressed set here...you're young, you'll get over this one. There will be many more, but with each one you learn from it and the next dip in the rollercoaster of life may not be as bad as the last. Have fun. Explore. But prepare for the future because for most it doesn't get any better if you don't have goals. I'm 43. I have a lot less time to get back on track and find some sense of stability and happiness than you.

As for my absence from these boards...I don't know. I don't get that excited with all the techno news and the world as it is today is dismal to say the least....I don't feel like discussing it all that much.

Hope we all survive into the next decade with some hope and happiness...Peace.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    after 35 votes its looking as i would expect it to...

a gaussian with a tail to unhappiness...
  • Reply 16 of 36
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Perhaps we'll need to run this poll again after PPC 970 Macs finally come out.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I have 5 exams, so the happiness has trailed into neutrality. But hey, I get to go back to the U.S. in exactly a month from today!
  • Reply 18 of 36
    The next time you're having a bad day, imagine this:

You're a Siamese Twin. Your brother, attached at your shoulder, is gay. You're not. He has a date coming over tonight.

You only have one ass.

• Reply 19 of 36
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

You're a Siamese Twin. Your brother, attached at your shoulder, is gay. You're not. He has a date coming over tonight.

You only have one ass.

ROFLMAO!!!

Horrible but funny!
  • Reply 20 of 36
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

You only have one ass.

i dont get it.

does he feel the penetration or do you?