trouble with iDVD

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm new to creating DVD's, and can't seem to get it right. I have a x4 drive - does this mean I have to use x4 media?

I'm also confused what kind of quicktime file I should be creating it from. I have my showreel as MJPEG A in FCP and want to maintain the highest possible quality. I've read somewhere I should convert it to DV, but that's going to look rubbish. I want to go directly from my MJPEG A media.

I've tried exporting a FCP movie and dropping it into iDVD, but the disc I've made won't play back on my Sony player. When I try to play in Apple's DVD player it plays but its corrupted, and jumps forward to other parts of the clips and back again.

Where should I be looking for an idiots step by step guide?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Did you not go through your books and the tutorials that came with FCP, they have all the answers you would ever need for your questions.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    I'm not having any problems with FCP - the movie I export plays back fine in Quicktime. It's making a DVD from it that's the problem.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ah. okay then. just drag and drop the file into the menu you select for iDVD. That is all I do, it works fine...Also, you need to make sure all your settings are correct for the media you are using.

You can go to creativecow.com for some decent tutorials and help as well.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    yup, that's what I did and it didn't work. It previews ok within iDVD, but doesn't play when I burn the disc. Hence my question about the media - do I have to use Apple x4 discs?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    you don't have to. you can use anything less than the 4x, you just have to change the settings to do so. I don't know if it is smart enough to realize the media you are using, though, it should be.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ...I couldn't find any reference to media type. Where would I change it?