NHL Playoffs 2003

Comments

• Reply 101 of 259
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Man that made me feel soooo good. I can live losing the series now........if that's the way it has to be.
  • Reply 102 of 259
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Ze Ducks score with 1 minute left! I love rooting for the underdog.
  • Reply 103 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Ze Ducks score with 1 minute left! I love rooting for the underdog.

And the Ducks pull it off. The #1 seed in the Western Conference is gone!!!!
  • Reply 104 of 259
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    well i was two for three in my predictions for tonight,

though i was wrong with canucks in 5 <no money lost>

but at heart i'm also still pulling for the all-canadian final
  • Reply 105 of 259
    Are there any Wild fans here besides Alcimedes and myself?
  • Reply 106 of 259
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Are there any Wild fans here besides Alcimedes and myself?

Yo.

Didn't see the game tonight. But a comeback is a very real possibility here.
  • Reply 107 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

but at heart i'm also still pulling for the all-canadian final

That's what I want to see, the first one since 1989. Come on baby!!!!
  • Reply 108 of 259
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    What the hell was up with Ed Jovanovsky?

Trying to think of a worse game I've EVER seen a defenceman play.... nope, can't.

(Steve Smith doesn't count, that was one play... Ed was painful to watch on every shift last night)

He's been playing unreal hockey, then he goes minus 4 last night. He was basically responsible for those 4 goals. He looked drunk, for chrissakes.

From thoroughbred to rented mule just like that.

\
  • Reply 109 of 259
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Cloutier was on another planet as well apparently. I think they must've took hits from the same joint before the game. Actually though, an ass-whipping like that with two games left is probably just what Vancouver needed. For whatever reason they play better with more pressure on them.

I could be wrong but I don't see Minnesota beating these guys three games straight like they did Colorado. Especially if Vancouver plays a punishing physical game. They're much bigger than Minnesota. I thought their one mistake last night was that by the middle of the second period Crawford should've taken a TO, gathered his guys and said "OK, it's over. Forget about this one. I want you to go out, score a couple goals ... but more importantly, I want you to pound the crap out of them. Hit them every chance you get and hit them hard."

Not doing that was short-sighted IMO. Minnesota will get worn down if the 'Nucks play them hard enough. That's what happened to St. Louis IMO. They were battered into submission. and they're a much bigger team than Minnesota also.

Anyway, 2 of 3 last night wasn't bad at all. Buh BYE DALLAS! Now Modano and Hull can set their tee times appropriately. Couple of swell golfing buddies really....

• Reply 110 of 259
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

blah blah.....

.....Canadian propaganda

2-0

Wild RULE!!!!

and so does beer. and ripping cd's. and the WILD KICK 'YER SORRY CANADIAN ASSES!!!

WOOOOO
  • Reply 111 of 259
    I pray for your swift death.
  • Reply 112 of 259
    let's see, 5-1....

in canadian that's like

2 1/2 - 1/2 Canadian, right?
  • Reply 113 of 259
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Tonight was pretty much the series for the Canucks. They're done at this point. No way in hell Minnesota will lose tomorrow night, not unless Vancouver gets a couple early and starts pounding them a little. All this backing off crap has gotten them nowhere. Take some risks, get some big hits. So what if they score on an odd man rush. Better that than 7-2 and 5-1.

Fuking pathetic. The ONLY interesting Cup combo left is Vancouver - Ottawa. Minnesota - NJ? Boring as whale shit. Ducks - NJ? Almost as bad. Ducks - Ottawa? OK. Minnesota - Ottawa. Boring also because I think Ottawa will get a lead on them and just suffocate them because Minnesota has no real offense.

Except when they play Vancouver.

• Reply 114 of 259
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

let's see, 5-1....

in canadian that's like

2 1/2 - 1/2 Canadian, right?

Ouch.

Looks like the East can take the Cup again.
  • Reply 115 of 259
    Hell yes go wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I had to watch the game on this tiny TV at work, but it was still big enough to watch the Wild stick it into Vancouver's ass!

Even if they los tomorrow, they went a hell of a long way! Go Wild!!
  • Reply 116 of 259
    WOO HOO, sucks to be Canadian tonight!!!!!

How's that feel?

oh, wait, that's like every night.

mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
  • Reply 117 of 259
    Don't say that anymore, or I'll, I'll um, burn the ****ing White House down or something.

• Reply 118 of 259
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    FIFTY-FOUR FORTY OR FIGHT!!!!!!

Go Wild!

• Reply 119 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by CaseCom

FIFTY-FOUR FORTY OR FIGHT!!!!!!

Go Wild!

Hell yes go Wild!!!!!!
  • Reply 120 of 259
    Quote:

Don't say that anymore, or I'll, I'll um, burn the ****ing White House down or something.

i fully expect Ashcroft to come knocking on your down. Burning down the White House was an act of terrorism, and now that you've finally admited to being the culprit we'll just "detain" you in Cuba for a lifetime.