Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?

Comments

• Reply 321 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by hotboxd

Don't know how non-static IP's would be handled though, someone more familiar with these things wanna chime in?

Those with non static IPs could consider going to www.dyndns.org/ or similar. Get a domain alias and run a program on your computer to keep it auto-updated with your changing IP. It's fairly painless to do...
  • Reply 322 of 365
    rbfoyerbfoye Posts: 77member
    Man you sleep late - you obviously are not a farmer.
  • Reply 323 of 365
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hotboxd

This thread really should be a sticky, maybe even a permanent part of the AppleInsider website. Maybe some sort of list with people's names and general library info that want to be a part of it.

check people's profiles for an "iTunes Music Library address"

(I only wish they made it clickable )
  • Reply 324 of 365
    Ok, Please let me know if this sucker Works:

daap://142.173.146.68

I have over 20gigs, 13.5 days worth of music thats right, I have something for every one.

again please let me know.

flick.
  • Reply 325 of 365
    Really loved it, was disappointed you went off last night - wasn't slow at all! Please put it up again!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by DeafeningSilence

I know a couple of you managed to connect to my itunes library (silence.dnsalias.com pw:ai), if any of you are out there, please let me know how the experience was... was it horrible with tons of rebuffering? Probably better to pm me so as not to clutter up the thread, but that's up to you.

If it's worthwhile, I'll be more inclined to leave it up, but if it's a terrible experience I may as well not bother. Thanks in advance.

• Reply 326 of 365
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Here's today's IP:

And a question as well: next week I should be getting DSL at home. My provider has a 10 Gig download/5 Gig upload limit per month. How, if at all, does streaming play into this?
  • Reply 327 of 365
    dirksdirks Posts: 16member

A newbie testing. A confirmation that it works would be greatly appreciated. Can I somehow 'see' whether somebody is streaming from my library.

Many thanks,
  • Reply 328 of 365
    ericj551ericj551 Posts: 89member
    Feel free to share mine, on a scale from 1 to awesome, my music library is super-great. Plus, URI is picking up the tab for bandwith. 131.128.143.236
  • Reply 329 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by DirkS

A newbie testing. A confirmation that it works would be greatly appreciated. Can I somehow 'see' whether somebody is streaming from my library.

Many thanks,

Sorry, can't seem to connect (and I can get other addresses to work).

Yes, you can see if anyone is connected: the number of users shows up in under "Preferences->Sharing"
  • Reply 330 of 365
    dirksdirks Posts: 16member
    Gabid - Many thanks! I will keep trying (and reading). I am on a Dutch cable network and inhome on AirPort. I am still not sure on the firewall settings.

Thanks again,

DirkS
  • Reply 331 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by DirkS

Gabid - Many thanks! I will keep trying (and reading). I am on a Dutch cable network and inhome on AirPort. I am still not sure on the firewall settings.

Thanks again,

DirkS

No problem! I'm far from being a network wiz so I'm afraid I don't have any port or firewall advice to share, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you along.

Good luck! I'll be sure to try again when you post anew.
  • Reply 332 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

Code:

[iBook:~] serrano% lsof | grep mp3

java 2361 serrano 19r VREG 14,2 2549632 1030507 / -- Buddy Holly.mp3

java 2361 serrano 34r VREG 14,2 2895872 1030282 / -- Unknown Album/Penny Lane.mp3

java 2361 serrano 51r VREG 14,2 4380544 1029439 / -- Come As You Are.mp3

java 2361 serrano 55r VREG 14,2 4335616 1028939 / -- Died In Your Arms Tonight.mp3

java 2361 serrano 63r VREG 14,2 5412056 1028548 / -- 21 Questions.mp3

What's worse? That I have Died In Your Arms Tonight? Or that someone is listening to it?

How do you find out who is listening to what? and who is listing <with out konfabulator>?

flick.
  • Reply 333 of 365
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    Open Terminal and type: lsof | grep mp3

Replace mp3 with m4a for AAC files.
  • Reply 334 of 365
    Do you get a message of any kind if you can't connect to someone's library? I haven't been able to connect to anyones library in a couple of days, I just get the shared music thingy saying 'connecting to shared music' then it disappears. No message, nothing. Any ideas as to what the eff is going on?
  • Reply 335 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

Do you get a message of any kind if you can't connect to someone's library? I haven't been able to connect to anyones library in a couple of days, I just get the shared music thingy saying 'connecting to shared music' then it disappears. No message, nothing. Any ideas as to what the eff is going on?

In my case I've got some type of message each time I can't connect. Sometimes its instant, other times I see the 'connecting to shared music' dialogue before I get some other type of message.
  • Reply 336 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

In my case I've got some type of message each time I can't connect. Sometimes its instant, other times I see the 'connecting to shared music' dialogue before I get some other type of message.

I used to get those messages as well. I just tried to connect to you and the same thing happened. It said 'connecting to server...' then it disappeared.
  • Reply 337 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by Atomic Media Fonts

Really loved it, was disappointed you went off last night - wasn't slow at all! Please put it up again!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Everyone, my music is up again, for the time being I should be up almost daily from noon to at least midnight PST... Unless my ISP sends me a nasty note, which they've done before Anyone who decides to stay and listen awhile, please PM me, just so I know who's who...

Cheers!
  • Reply 338 of 365
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

Open Terminal and type: lsof | grep mp3

hmmm, that doesn't work for me... the only output i get is:

iTunes 1638 silence 18r VREG 14,8 5067431 19733 /Volumes/mp3 (/dev/disk1s2)

Is it because my music is on an external hard drive? Hrmmm....
  • Reply 339 of 365
    OMG..who ever had Lewis Black and Pablo Fransico, I cannot find you again. I am at work..and really need the laugh. I was in a hurry to make a deadline and did not write the IP down. If you can find it in you..can you pretty please put it back up for me???

Thanks!
  • Reply 340 of 365
    nevynnevyn Posts: 360member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeafeningSilence

Is it because my music is on an external hard drive? Hrmmm....

No.

lsof's job is:

OPTIONS

In the absence of any options, lsof lists all open files

belonging to all active processes.

(from "man lsof")

grep is searching the list of _all_ open files for "mp3". Maybe some of your music doesn't have filename extensions? Or it's some other format leading to a different name?