How often do you get your hair cut?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got my hair cut yesterday, and the girl who cut my hair couldn't believe I got my hair cut about every three months. I go to Cost-Cutter so I even had the little "get your hair cut 10 times and get a free hair cut" card with all the dates on it, because she didn't believe me.

I kept on telling her to cut it shorter, and she'd say "but you don't wear your hair that short." That's when I told her I got my hair cut every three months, and she still didn't believe me so I showed her the card when we were done.

She said most guys get their hair cut once a month. Really?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Going on three months here, it seems.

I get it cut really short so I can wait longer before the next one.

I actually go to the local barber, an old guy well into his late 60s, and get a good trim for $6.50 plus tip.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    rarely. i said in march i'm about to cut my hair .. well i still am.

tomorrow some people maybe decide if they want to pay me for cutting my hair. i hate to feel any metal like scissors etc around my face but getting some $ for having the hair cut or dyed or whatever, won't be bad.

i've cut (with scissors) and .. mh, cut?? (with razor) the hair of 4 guys and more than once. my dad and some other with the how-you-call-it-razor-used-for-haircut? and some friends with just scissors. hm. i think i could trim a panther...
  • Reply 3 of 27
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    my hair grows really fast. when i get it cut i cut it down to about an inch, by two months it's 4 inches long. if i don't go at least every two months i'd look like a hippie.

edit: hmm, must have not had enough coffee today. what was i thinking.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Going on 8 months here, decided to grow it out from something close to a buzzcut. I was just recently able to start pulling it all back into a tail without having tufts pop out.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

my hair grows really fast. when i get it cut i cut it down to about an inch, by two months it's 4 inches long. if i don't go at least every two months i'd look like a hippie.

so you trim your pu......

nevermind.

whoa.

anyway.

i only go when my friends have insisted for a few weeks... last time i had it cut the first guy ****ed up royally and i had to get it cut again...

two times in 24 hours now for me that is beyond record...
  • Reply 6 of 27
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Usually works out somewhere between 6-8 weeks. I'd wait longer, 'cept I can't stand long hair. I just hate getting haircuts...the concept alone of someone weilding sharps objects around my head while I'm sitting motionless in a chair creeps me out...and then the forced conversation...ugh...
  • Reply 7 of 27
    hm.. some italians love hairdressers or barbiers, they go there like every week. men and women. i was making their hairdresser visiting frequency look more normal lowering the average value ...
  • Reply 8 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

I just hate getting haircuts...the concept alone of someone weilding sharps objects around my head while I'm sitting motionless in a chair creeps me out...and then the forced conversation...ugh...

yea, that's how i feel. then they think normally that you are supposed to like like womenly chittychat talk about what the famous people do or cellulites or generally, talking about other peoples business. well, if i say "computer" like in a middle of a frase (especially if a woman cuts my hair), they normally shut up.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mulattabianca

yea, that's how i feel. then they think normally that you are supposed to like like womenly chittychat talk about what the famous people do or cellulites or generally, talking about other peoples business. well, if i say "computer" like in a middle of a frase (especially if a woman cuts my hair), they normally shut up.

I find if you get gay male Stylist there isn't that painful conversation, I find those guys just tell the best stories. And if your lucky you'll find they do trims for free in between cuts. And you just know that any sign of blood will sned them in to a girl screem so they are very careful..

flick.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

Usually works out somewhere between 6-8 weeks. I'd wait longer, 'cept I can't stand long hair. I just hate getting haircuts...the concept alone of someone weilding sharps objects around my head while I'm sitting motionless in a chair creeps me out...and then the forced conversation...ugh...

Yeah, I think I have a mild hair cut phobia. I'll even kinda tremble a little, especially when they start slicing near my ears.
  • Reply 11 of 27
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i used to wait as long as possible (4-5 months). it wasn't so much that i liked longer hair (though i did), but more i didnt like getting it cut.

about 2 months ago a friend dared me to bald it, so i did that. i did that about 3 times within like a month. aside from the fact that i looked like a nazi, it was really cool. it was still pretty brisk out then days, and wind feels really cool on a shorn skull. my hairs' coming back now, and i want to bic it again. i'm a bit nervous of doing that myself though, cuz my mom said she was talking to some guy who had this terrible scar on the back of his (short haired) head, that he claimed was from a botched bic'ing. the friends and family didn't really take to the shaven head, so its hard to convince them to help. whats a skinhead to do? i guess i'll just go to conformity. i strongly recommend that every guy voluntarily gets a shaven head atleast once, cuz its so cool. in fact, its so cool, that you'll shit yourself. note: bic'ing is best done while inibrieated and drunk, just watch out for bleeding.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Every month to 6 weeks...my bangs grow so fast! ...
  • Reply 13 of 27
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I try to do it monthly, give or take a week. Planned on doing it tonight as a matter of fact. I just do it myself with clippers. One attachment for the top and one for the sides. 20 minutes and a bathroom full of hair later, I'm set.

Speaking of pu... err... other hair, I was farting around Chicago last weekend and picked up an electric nose hair clipper (not that they've become unruly or anything...um..yeah.....anyone over 30 here knows what I mean...), and man, those things are great. Beats the old 'tweezer-rip-and-tear' method.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    every three months or more, if I can get away with it
  • Reply 15 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    A timely post, seeing as how I just got mine cut last night.

When I lived in San Diego, I got it cut every 6 weeks or so. My hair grows fast and I just love a really trim, tight look, especially around the sides and back and I like my sideburns close, shaped and defined. After about a month, all of that goes to hell and I slowly start morphing into Lon Chaney.

I went to the same person in San Diego, Amber, for two years and she was GREAT (plus, she was a short, cutie-pie of an apple-butted vixen...but that's a whole other thread).

Anyway, I needed a haircut BAD and found myself at SuperCuts and the woman did a fabulous job: short on sides and back, thin the sideburns, leave the top/front a bit longer (but still trimmed and neat), etc. So now I have someone to go to, hopefully, and I don't have to worry about getting butchered. OR, have someone go and give me a $%#@% mullet! Which HAS happened, sad to say...within the past 5 years.

So about every 6 weeks is my window, it seems. I have a friend who, in an emergency, is really good at clipping around the sides and back and shaping the sideburns. She keeps me from looking too scraggly if I've not been to the barber in a while.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I'm a mutant. My hair grows super fast... I get it cut every 2-3 weeks. But I just have a buzz cut so I suppose I have to get it cut more often.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Every 4-5 weeks, you long-haired pinko hippie freak! (Well, everything else in here has a political slant.)
  • Reply 18 of 27
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I cut my own hair..every three weeks.

Use a Ronson electric hair cutter.

Cost $15 & thats all I've spent in the last five years.

Cut it shortish No 7.....trim sideburns & lugholes ( ears ) with scissors....

With the money I saved I bought a second hand Mac.....
  • Reply 19 of 27
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    If i don't cut my hair every month, I will look like an lion!
  • Reply 20 of 27
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    about once every year