NHL Playoffs 2003

Comments

• Reply 121 of 259
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The Wild are certainly showing a ton of heart and grit, and I'm happy for the good fans in Minnesota, but I have a feeling this could end up like what happened to the Panthers and Canes. Premature entrance into the finals, bottom of the heap in the years after. They're not a very deep team and they'll not get a high draft pick this year either. What's more they won't surprise anyone next year like they have this year.

After the playoffs, they need to trade some of these guys like Park and Mitchell who are doing well now, for high picks, while they can still get something for them. Then again, Bates Battaglia had one good season, then a shit season and the Avs still traded Vrbata for him which was borderline retarded.
  • Reply 122 of 259
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Remember that the year after the Devils won the Cup under Lemaire, they didn't even make the playoffs...
  • Reply 123 of 259
    True, but I would argue even that team was deeper than the Wild are currently. You take away Gaborik and Walz and they have next to no offense from anyone on a consistent basis. And they're still doing Goaltender by committee. Can't remember the last team who won a Cup doing that.
  • Reply 124 of 259
    Just watched the Canadian Anthem being sung by 20,000 people on CBC again...all I can say is "Chills"! What a great bunch of fans. Take a lesson, Dallas natives (and all the rest of America for that matte).

Go CANUCKS!!!!!!!
  • Reply 125 of 259
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    good jump to start game seven

go canucks!

original logo (before the stick) here
  • Reply 126 of 259
    woo hooo!!

canucks strike first
  • Reply 127 of 259
    and again! 2-0!
  • Reply 128 of 259
    wild bat a weird one in... 2-1

< edit: 2nd period and i have no fingernails left >
  • Reply 129 of 259
    Someone pass me my heart medication please....

• Reply 130 of 259
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    *phew*

20 minutes, baby.

• Reply 131 of 259
    doing the voodoo dance... tied.

c'mon guys
  • Reply 132 of 259

Stanley Cup Champions don't play half-assed defense, and that's why the Canucks won't be drinking from any cup except the styrofoam cups the beer girls dish out on the golf course.

Cloutier is a head case as well IMO. One bad goal and he's done for the night, at least in the playoffs it seems. I think if they had one more guy of Ohlund's quality, they'd have already won this series probably.

We'll see how the Wild do against a goalie who is actually playing his ass off. Guaranteed JS won't be letting half the soft goals in that Roy and Cloutier did....
  • Reply 133 of 259
    calling Dr. Heimlich
  • Reply 134 of 259
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suck on THAT, Bertuzzi! He made SO many violations and the refs rarely called them. But then that last power play... damn. Wild kicked ass tonight.
  • Reply 135 of 259
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha eat it you cancucks!!!

4-2 baby, we make history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 136 of 259
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

True, but I would argue even that team was deeper than the Wild are currently. You take away Gaborik and Walz and they have next to no offense from anyone on a consistent basis. And they're still doing Goaltender by committee. Can't remember the last team who won a Cup doing that.

I don't know, is it just me or did the Wild just WIN THE FRIGGIN SERIES TO MAKE HISTORY!!!!!!!!!?????
  • Reply 137 of 259
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno He made SO many violations and the refs rarely called them.

Someone just watch their first hockey game?

Damn, they just caved.... sad.
  • Reply 138 of 259
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    Bring on the Ducks!

Although ... the Wild might not know what to do with the home ice advantage ... both series they've been very tight at home.
  • Reply 139 of 259
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Actually yeah, it was the first hockey game I saw. But I was with a bunch of guys... all Minnesota fans of course, so it was slanted... but it did seem like he was doing more than just checking, he pushed that one guy into our goalie. And he smacked one of them in the face and gave him a bloody nose.
  • Reply 140 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suck on THAT, Bertuzzi! He made SO many violations and the refs rarely called them. But then that last power play... damn. Wild kicked ass tonight.

The Wild did play well in the third only because the Vancouver team did not show up in the third period. They made sloppy passes, did not finish their checks, and overall sucked in the third. All I can say is that the Wild are going to have a tough time against J S. A real tough time.