any recommednations for web design software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've used Dreamweaver i while back on pc's. And a friend recommended Softpress' Freeway. I'm just curious what everybody else is using? Costs, ease of use would be handy too. Thanks in advance. ...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    i use Dreamweaver and Fireworks, thay do what i want them to,

And there easy to use,
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

i use Dreamweaver and Fireworks, thay do what i want them to,

And there easy to use,

ditto. macromedia apps are the way to go for web development, hands down in my book.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I use Create. It does DTP, illustration and web. Not a "hardcore" web app, and Stone isn't a major player, but with a lot of good features and fairly cheap --$150 though you might want some of the other Stone apps that some in the Studio suite, namely PhotoToWeb, GIFfun and SliceAndDice for web stuff.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Dreamweaver. If you are a "I code by hand" type, you can code in dreamweaver's code window and see the page update in realtime.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Dreamweaver. If you are a "I code by hand" type, you can code in dreamweaver's code window and see the page update in realtime.

Thats y i love it.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gardnerj

I've used Dreamweaver i while back on pc's. And a friend recommended Softpress' Freeway. I'm just curious what everybody else is using? Costs, ease of use would be handy too. Thanks in advance. ...

Well, I use BBEdit, pen and paper, and The major web-browsers. I generally dont like the code that WYSIWYG creates, especially when it creates JavaScript code. I used to use GoLive untill I started designing webpages using MySQL and PHP. I just using a good text editor is easier when doing web programming.

But I guess it depends on your overall skills as a webprogrammer and other preferences. I just find that writing the code my self is just as fast as having an app do it for me. Good WYSIWYG apps are Dreamweaver and GoLive, but they do come at a high prize.

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    ok thanks guy's. i'll give these a look. my web coding skills are minimal so i'll probably end up using dw. i'm sure its not rocket science... but i spend most of my days at work hacking unix code about so i think, for a break, i'll give this new fangled gui stuff a try.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    PS: SoftPress just released Freeway Pro ($150) and Freeway Express ($80), a couple of very nice apps:

http://www.softpress.com/en
  • Reply 10 of 20
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ringo

Hydra

http://hydra.globalse.org

nice!
  • Reply 12 of 20
    johnhoodjohnhood Posts: 24member
    I'm using Abobe GoLive 6.x to create my site.

For the results please see here:

http://homepage.mac.com/johnhood

It's a hobby, and it's fun ; )
  • Reply 13 of 20
    unremarkableunremarkable Posts: 220member
    {font size="2" color="#ffffff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"}

Mmm...tasty!
  • Reply 14 of 20
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Photoshop + Dreamweaver, best combo ever.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Photoshop + Dreamweaver, best combo ever.

dreamweaver and fireworks, even better.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    For me.. Photoshop + GoLive +BBEdit (for quick dirty work)
  • Reply 17 of 20
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

dreamweaver and fireworks, even better.

Pah, Photoshop kills all. :-P.

On the other hand, FreeHand MX is killing Illustrator 10.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    BBEdit & Photoshop are the best. After reading about Dreamweaver here, I'm willing to give it a try though. I do find myself tweaking my layout (with DIV elements, or sometimes still in Table - don't shoot me!-) a bit too much. Things like that could be easier on sight.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

Pah, Photoshop kills all. :-P.

if you want just one app for both print and web, then i would agree, but if you want the best features for web, then fireworks kicks the shit out of it. not even close.
  • Reply 20 of 20

There are so many software available that provide great features for creating web design but as per the web design concern i recommend only one software that is Dreamweaver. This is best software for web design and very easy to learn. Dreamweaver is widely used in web design market and it is an open source software.