Ban harrydude, please!

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
The guy who's been posting all that crap about hotmail and MSN and hacking/passwords... just ban the loser. That's all he posts about. His posts look exactly like spam email, and yet he's not banned? Why the hell not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    We should start a poll.

1- Should harrydude be banned.

2- Should harrydude remain a member.

3- Who is harrydude?

4- After I receive my friend's password.

• Reply 2 of 16
    imacman287imacman287 Posts: 80member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

The guy who's been posting all that crap about hotmail and MSN and hacking/passwords... just ban the loser. That's all he posts about. His posts look exactly like spam email, and yet he's not banned? Why the hell not?

I second this... he has started something like 4 threads with the same topic, in different forums, all with mal-intent.

Ban Him please.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

We should start a poll.

1- Should harrydude be banned.

2- Should harrydude remain a member.

3- Who is harrydude?

4- After I receive my friend's password.

1- Yes

2- No

3- Do I really care (NO)

4-
  • Reply 4 of 16
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I realize that I am most certainly not the one to talk, but harrydude is even better than I at being an imbecile. Even I didn't start multiple identical topics for the heck of ruining the forums. Even I...will shut up now.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    working on it.

thought it had already been done. the ban stick must need a tune-up.

• Reply 6 of 16
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Also, if the harrydude we are talking about is the same as this, then perhaps you should watch that IP address.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I did a simple trace back to Toronto Canada.

Anyone care to administer some indiscriminate justice?

I have my pitchfork ready. 8)
  • Reply 8 of 16
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    No, just precision bomb Canada.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Sorry guys, but I've been away from computers for the past couple of days and didn't realize he was still being a nuisance.

He's gone now.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

He's gone now.

Goody
  • Reply 11 of 16
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Just a comment on this thread:

I think this sort of thing shouldn't be posted on the public boards: it should be taken care of via personal messages to the admin. I mean, isn't there a policy not to start threads about members? I assume this ought to apply to members we might not approve of as well as members we all love.

Just a question of clarification.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

I think this sort of thing shouldn't be posted on the public boards: it should be taken care of via personal messages to the admin. I mean, isn't there a policy not to start threads about members? I assume this ought to apply to members we might not approve of as well as members we all love.

Just a question of clarification.

an admin can correct me if i'm wrong, but your above statement is basiclly correct.

in this case though, this was a new user, no previous posts who continually posted spam in all sorts of threads. not only was is spam, it was malicious in the fact that it tried to gather personal information/accounts/passwords.

unlike the typical "i don't like person X because they're mean" style threads, this was more on technical merit. just my opinion. that and we were having a bit of trouble getting an admin's attention.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Retrograde

alcimedes' response to this is basically correct. In fact, I was originally going to make a mention of exactly this in my own post above, but I didn't think anyone would really care at this point.

The only reason I didn't lock down the thread and move it away is because it was fairly clear that the account in question here is a spammer, public nuisance, and nothing more. From now on, though, complaints or concerns about the conduct of other members should be made privately to the administrators or moderators via the Private Messaging system or e-mail, no exceptions.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    No problem, Brad. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Thanks to both moderators/admin for their frank responses

I understand that this was a somewhat unique situation and that the case was clear but I am glad that you are sticking to the policy of privacy when related to individual user issues for the future.

Retrograde
  • Reply 16 of 16
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member