Powerbook 12" Monitor Spanning

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If I've read things right, the 12" PB is capable of using a VGA monitor if it's plugged in. However, how does this work? The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about getting a 12" PB to replace my PC, and although most of the work I do is general web/email/music/WP etc, I've recently got a 6MP digital camera, and I need to be able to edit the images (using Photoshop Elements). I imagine this would be a bit of a push on a 12" display, but if I could have the palettes etc on the 12" screen, and the main image window displayed on my existing 19" monitor, that would be ideal .

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Just plug in the your monitor, your mac does the rest, even remembers your dual display settings so you don't have to fiddle. The external display spans all the way up to 1600x1200, though I read somewhere that people have driven Sony 23" panels up to 1920x1200 using the miniPB. No worries.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    The 12" PB even comes with all the adapters you need
  • Reply 3 of 12
    digitaldavedigitaldave Posts: 445member
    Thanks for the replies :-). It's getting harder to resist switching!!!

Dave.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    sprocketssprockets Posts: 40member
    Anyone know about spanning to a 16:9 display? I'm looking to run a 12" PB to a 16:9 Panasonic Plasma display.

I want to run Point of Sale software, among other apps, on the PB display, and probably an iPhoto Slideshow or Quicktime movies on the Plasma.

Any thoughts?

edit = The Plasma runs at 852 x 480 pixels.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea I ran the 12" with a 23" Sony LCD. Worked just fine. Better than the PeeCee I'm "using".
  • Reply 6 of 12
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Yea I ran the 12" with a 23" Sony LCD. Worked just fine. Better than the PeeCee I'm "using".

Hey Scott, did you ever get around to taking a picture of the 12-inch PB and 23" Sony LCD? I'd still love to see how it looks.

Escher
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I didn't know I was supposed to get around to it? Maybe I will but Wednesday I'm off on vacation for ~ two weeks so ....
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

I didn't know I was supposed to get around to it? Maybe I will but Wednesday I'm off on vacation for ~ two weeks so ....

I don't think you actually commited to posting pictures, but a few of us asked whether you would in that other thread. So technically you weren't supposed to get around to it. I'm just trying to get you to take cool pictures for our enjoyment. If you're in a crunch before your vacation, we'll enjoy pictures three weeks from now as well.

Escher
  • Reply 9 of 12
    As luck would have it I'll have the powerbook at work in the morn'. Maybe I'll email it to someone. Don't have time to figure out comcast fscking web page thingy.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

As luck would have it I'll have the powerbook at work in the morn'. Maybe I'll email it to someone. Don't have time to figure out comcast fscking web page thingy.

That's great, Scott. Feel free to e-mail any pics to me at escher [at] mac [dot] com. I'll host them on my .Mac web page. But don't let any worries about taking pictures ruin the anticipation for your vacation!

Escher
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Oh me oh my. Didn't bring the connector or the camera. Maybe next month. Powerbook and I will on a road trip in 10 hours. Sorry.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Oh me oh my. Didn't bring the connector or the camera. Maybe next month. Powerbook and I will on a road trip in 10 hours. Sorry.

Have a nice vacation, Scott. And don't worry, we'll bug you about the pics upon your return.

Escher