iTMS---how many songs will be added today?? plus check out this deal...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
ok, 3200 added last tuesday...

how many will be added today?? will it be a constant 3000 or so, or do you think they will really start ramping up the downloads?

plus, check out this 99 cent deal -- from Frampton Comes Alive--Do you feel like we do---13 minutes 46 seconds for a buck...sweet...makes up for the song Sister from Prince's Dirty Mind CD that also cost 99 cents yet is only 1:31 long....weeee

i am having too much fun and spending too much money

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Gelding keep spending heheheheh. All we need is a Million more like you and iTMS will be set

Oh yeah I hope we start seeing larger numbers added to the collection. The more songs the more temptation to "one click"
  • Reply 2 of 43
    grecygrecy Posts: 15member
    Can you please do me a favour,

Checkout Eminem - The Eminem Show, and tell me if all the songs there are $.99. Some of the 'skit' songs are about 0:30secs.

Also the first song on 'Linkin Park - Meteroa' is about 0:08

thanks

-Dan
  • Reply 3 of 43
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Grecy

Checkout Eminem - The Eminem Show, and tell me if all the songs there are $.99. Some of the 'skit' songs are about 0:30secs.

Also the first song on 'Linkin Park - Meteroa' is about 0:08

thanks

-Dan

yes, all the skit bits are available for 99 cents each. heh.

edit:

this is the featured new stuff today:

Fisherspooner - #1

Ms. Dyanmite - A Little Deeper

Da Brat - In Love Wit Chu

Cold - Year of the Spider

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell

Sixpence None the Richer - Divine Discontent

Lizz Wright - Salt

Michelle Branch - Are You Happy Now? - Single

Just added:

Staind - Break the Cycle

unloco - Becoming i

Alanis Morrisette - Under Rug Swept

The Doors - Strange Days

Oakenfold - Bunkka

The Doors - Greatest Hits

Elvis - Promised Land

J.J. Cale - Anyway the Wind Blows: The Anthology
  • Reply 4 of 43
    osxaddictosxaddict Posts: 131member
    Heck, there is a Wynton Marsalis song (In the sweet embrace of life) that is 54 minutes long! for 99 cents!
  • Reply 5 of 43
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Fisherspooner are grrrrreeatt! /Tony the Tiger
  • Reply 6 of 43
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    haha, on a Dave Matthews Band CD (can't recall which) there are blank tracks between 13-33 that are about a second long so the song #34 can be on track 34...wonder if u can buy those blank tracks (havn't checked)

is DMB on the store?
  • Reply 7 of 43
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

haha, on a Dave Matthews Band CD (can't recall which) there are blank tracks between 13-33 that are about a second long so the song #34 can be on track 34...wonder if u can buy those blank tracks (havn't checked)

is DMB on the store?

No DMB in the store yet... that was the first thing I checked for...
  • Reply 8 of 43
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

how many will be added today?? will it be a constant 3000 or so, or do you think they will really start ramping up the downloads?

The biggest leaps and bounds in the iTMS collection will be when new labels decide that, hey, this looks like a money-making business here, and decide to sign up.

Unless I'm mistaken, for now all of the new stuff we'll be seeing is going to be from the same five labels adding their new stuff or digging deeper into their existing catalogs.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Skinny Puppy isn't in the Store, but their track 10 on Last Rights is 0 seconds. It's called Left Hand Shake. Notice how with Broken EP from NIN, they don't have tracks 8-97.
  • Reply 10 of 43
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Toadie

No DMB in the store yet... that was the first thing I checked for...

that sucks i wanted live at chicago
  • Reply 11 of 43
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Grecy

Yep, every track is $.99 each, but you can buy the whole 20 track album for $9.99.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Still no Radiohead
  • Reply 13 of 43
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Nor Karlheinz Stockhausen. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!
  • Reply 14 of 43
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    How do you know how much has been added?

And has anyone noticed music being removed, as several reports indicate?
  • Reply 15 of 43
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Apparently getting independent labels to sign on will not be a problem. Steve has claimed in an interview that they're clamoring to get in, and that's not really surprising: The existing distribution and retail system is hopelessly slanted against small publishers in a way that iTMS is not.

Apple appears to be doing the encoding for the songs, and so they're the bottleneck. When they've got enough of the Big 5's catalogs up, indies will start appearing.

It's all good, but it'll take a while to mature.
  • Reply 16 of 43
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    None of it matters to me in Australia
  • Reply 17 of 43
    macvaultmacvault Posts: 323member
    I am VERY CURIOUS as to why it appears as though Apple has remeved some songs/artists from the ITMS. For example, the day the store opened I searched for Van Morrison and found lots of his music, including the entire Hymns to the Silence album and Avalon Sunset, and more. I even downloaded a couple of those songs. Now when I search for Van Morrison there are only five or six songs showing up. What happened???? Why would they remove most of Van's music from the store, or any music for that matter???? I'm very curious!???
  • Reply 18 of 43
    I don't know about removing music, but if there are exactly ZERO purchases and it is eating up store space I don't mind if they put it into a backup.

Imagine this scenario. Apple watches closely to see what is being viewed, put in basket, or bought. By extrapolation they discover some albums getting NO attention (not even a single view or download/purhase). This means they are 'wasting' valuable retail 'shelf' space with it. They pull the few songs (or albums) and put all of them in a seperate storage area. Now they keep adding fresh stuff and pulling the 'non sellers'. Eventually the store will only contain 'sellers' and all or most of the 'non sellers' will be in this other location. This is what normal retailers do anyway.

Now they can re-introduce these songs in a vast numbers campaign like saying this week we are adding 250,000 songs to ITMS. They ALREADY have them encoded, formatted and ready for the store, all they have to do is put them back in public view. It will seem like a windfall of music when in fact this stuff is just being 're-introduced' to recapture the lime light.

This is my own theory. To make it even crazier, what if these 'hard to sell' tracks sold for .89 instead of .99, a 'clearance' item if you will.....

But personally I am hoping that the store grows to 10 times it's current size by fall because there is still several artists which are completely unrepresented. I would have made triple my number of purchases if they had Joanie Madden or The Beatles. ::sigh::
  • Reply 19 of 43
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    According to this over 4200 more songs added to iTMS this week. Over 2 million downloads in 16 days!
  • Reply 20 of 43
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Just seen at MacMinute: two million downloads in 16 days.

Wow. (and by 'Wow' I mean 'cha-ching!')

Screed