Which way do you hang your toilet paper?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's an old argument... do you hang your toilet paper with the loose end coming over the front, or does the loose end go behind the roll?

Personally I don't understand why anyone would want the loose end behind the roll. It just makes it harder to get at.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    Huh? I know noone who does it your way.
  • Reply 2 of 38
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    I've recently switched from "over the front" (easier) to "behind the roll" (slightly less easy). Why? Well, we have a new cat who likes to find the center of the magic, unwinding, tissue thingy.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    even more of an esoteric question... do you sit or stand while wiping?
  • Reply 4 of 38
    Over the front: 7

Around the back: 1

Freaks. All of you.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Over the front: 7

Around the back: 1

Freaks. All of you.

does that mean you have a third way to wrap toilet paper?

or does it sit vertically?
  • Reply 6 of 38
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    They don't use toilet paper in Yurrup. I heard they squat over a drinking fountain or something.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

does that mean you have a third way to wrap toilet paper?

or does it sit vertically?

Meaning I am the only one voting for around the back.
  • Reply 8 of 38
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

They don't use toilet paper in Yurrup. I heard they squat over a drinking fountain or something.

.. nah, those that you saw doing that were just drunk Texans.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mulattabianca

.. nah, those that you saw doing that were just drunk Texans.

speaking of drunk texans, did you ever hear the one about the three drunk texans who got to be the president...

oh nevermind.
  • Reply 10 of 38
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

oh nevermind.

No, please continue. We were talking about asswipes....

• Reply 11 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

No, please continue. We were talking about asswipes....

thanks for the punchline...

• Reply 12 of 38
    Over the front all the way. It is the only way to get a good *ss wipe.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    the generalthe general Posts: 649member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Naaah, they use the 3 seashells.

• Reply 14 of 38
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Couldn't vote because the tp sits vertically. This is to prevent the hand over hand action feeding the whole role into the potty by the children. It also limits the amount used at one time to a somewhat reasonable quantity. Its amazing how much a child thinks is necessary to wipe one little butt.
  • Reply 15 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

If you have no animals and no kids (or no naughty kids, anyway) in the house, then over the top is the only way. Think about it. If it's around the back, the paper is actually wiping the wall before you wipe your rear end with it.

how close to the wall is your toilet paper and how does it remain there? but more importantly, what is on your bathroom wall?
  • Reply 16 of 38
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    There is a special place in Hell for prople who choose "Around the back".

Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

Couldn't vote because the tp sits vertically. This is to prevent the hand over hand action feeding the whole role into the potty by the children.

I have a cat that does the same thing. He plays with the little piece of TP that hangs down and goes into a fit shredding the rest of the roll. But at least he sleeps on it all night so it is not entirely wasted.
  • Reply 17 of 38
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

There is a special place in Hell for prople who choose "Around the back".

I have a cat that does the same thing. He plays with the little piece of TP that hangs down and goes into a fit shredding the rest of the roll. But at least he sleeps on it all night so it is not entirely wasted.

Our cat only likes "free rolls," which she then attacks with a vengence--all four legs wrapped around the roll, biting and thumping it. What doesn't come off the roll shredded isn't much good due to the holes.

Way off on a tangent, but we had another cat (now deceased) who would drag paper under a child's bed where the cat would preceed to shred said paper, making herself a nest. It was amusing and yet annoying at the same time.
  • Reply 18 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Toilet paper generally hags in a little nook, and flops down over the bottom of the nook if hung backward. Doesn't yours?

And every time you flush your toilet, especially if you don't close the lid first, lots of bacteria-contaminated water particles spread out all over the bathroom, hence the "don't keep your toothbrush near the toilet" advice. Since the toilet roll is at most two feet away from your toilet, whatever it is on that wall, I don't want it to touch my skin. So I hang the TP over the front.

intriguing, my toilet paper doesnt hang in a nook, it hangs from something that allows it to clear the wall... also most of those bacteria in the water (assuming there is fresh water treatment wherever you are) are yours (or your families) in any event, mostly harmless since they already live inside of you etc.... Granted you wouldnt get as clean as you would otherwise, and no, I havent heard the toothbrush toilet advice...

Just instinctually kept things away...
  • Reply 19 of 38
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Wipe with your left,

eat with your right.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Wipe with your left,

eat with your right.

shake with your right